Wrong play with Ace´s?

G

guitaRisGood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad luck... not sure what your opponent thought he was beating???

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Played the hand right nothing else you could've done there he wasn't gonna fold on the flop anyways just unlucky that he hits his outs nothing you can do about it.
All you can do is hope next time the river is in your favor.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really when the board connects like this and it goes all in it is clear that he is doing this or with bluff or with the sequence, nothing else. I think it was a very easy fold

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it played well, these things just happen not if you care about the outcome. Not sure about the pile, but all I see is bad luck. these things happen to me day after day and I'm fine with it. Time is ticking and we're getting better.

Nathan Smith

Nathan Smith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You did nothing wrong - he made the better hand on the river after going all-in on the turn with the worst. Move on to the next tournament and keep making the correct plays. This is why bankroll Management is soooo important - so you can live to fight another day.

Destruct51

Destruct51

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing online poker we see so many hands, so the chances of people catching is very probable. Especially if they are high stakes players whom regularily spend money. online I believe to always raise pocket AA 3x plus. better to steal blind than have people calling with k7

E

Economaster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
More agresive

I played:

888Poker MegaDeep Sat(215$) Payout: 40 Seats

All fold

Hero: AA on BTN -> raise 2BB (800) to get Value

Opponent: K5o on BB -> Call (both around 8k left)

Flop: K78 rainbow

Opponent: check

Hero: raise Potsize (2000)

Opponent: call

Turn: 9

Opponent: check

Hero: All-in

Opponent: Call

River: 6

Its the secound time that i lose on this case. So maybe i did something wrong

What do you guys thought about the plays in this case?

I will be happy about every answer. :D

you played well that was a bad beat

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you played well, you call in turn, was very good, the rest was bad luck, the villain was very lucky, but most of the time, you will be the winner in this situation.
I think you have done a slightly stronger open raise.

A

Aca0012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played here well all the time in my opinion. Because you did not allow the opponent to get into the hand cheaply and before the flop you did a good job, and the fact that you did not have luck on the flop is already another story. When he paid on the flop, then you need to be a little more careful, but surely it's well-played for me. Greeting!

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that as slow play you did your bets well but without luck. Playing with aces it has happened to me that the slows plays have led me to lose my hand and sometimes the size of my bet has not been the correct one, that's why I have decided to change and I am being very aggressive with aces or other high pairs. If you count many players prefer not to win almost anything and go all in with aces before losing in a slow play. Good luck in tables !!!

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is poker, and as often happens you do everything right, but alas chips go to the opponent.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With this being a satty the icm is completely different if 1st to 40th pay the same -staying alive is the name of the game. Without knowing the villans or the stack sizes of the remaining players this is difficult to answer. I think I may have raised a little bigger to try to maybe play against 1 villan, but I cant argue to much with your play without having more info.

R

RocwX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played better than the villain, I think. After the turn he had 9 outs, or around 18% chance of hitting. I would have to know the size of the stacks to be sure about his call on the turn, but I don't think it was a wise decision. If you had a K and a better kicker, which would be very reasonable for your range, he would be drawing to only 7 outs. If you had JT, he would be drawing dead. He probably thought you were bluffing or your stack was small enough to give him good odds.

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you just got really unlucky there.