WPT Cambodia (Nov16-25)

Y

YKCaiTLH1314

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi CC precious members,

I have plan to participate in WPT Cambodia starting from Nov 16th to 25th.
This will be the first time me doing something that has more than 200 field and above and of course the on a world stage series.
Below there's 2 links attached. The WPT page and the event schedule link.
I would like you to advice me on which event should i do(definitely i will do the ME) and also give me your precious opinion and your pass experience.

I have enough bankroll to do all events even for any rebuy, but i have no experience on which are best for a greenhorn tournament player like me.

Also, please advice me on how should i prepare myself.

Thank you!

WPT event page: https://www.worldpokertour.com/event/wptdeepstacks-wpt-cambodia-season-2019-2020/#eventTab1

Schedule link: https://wptmedia.wpt.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/wpt-cambodia-schedule-2019.pdf

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! What an awesome opportunity for you! You call yourself a "greenhorn." How many live tournaments have you played before? What has been your biggest concern in the past when playing live games? What's the longest amount of time you've sat at a single live tournament? Have you played multi-day tournaments before?

I'm asking these questions to get an idea of what is comfortable for you, and what is uncomfortable. For me personally, I'd want to pace myself and make sure that I wasn't putting myself in a situation where I'd be tired and not playing my best game. Also, it would be good to play a smaller buy-in game before you play the ME, so that you have a chance to get used to the venue and the playing style/game pace.

Since you say you have the bankroll, I think the most important thing is to be comfortable and have fun. Enjoy the experience and maybe create a rail thread so that we can follow along with you.

Best of luck!