Would you have played this hand UG

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The feeling I got after seeing this hand unfold is a mixture of pure disgust and dismay.
Obviously I cannot open UTG with such a hand, but when it hits, it blows up minds

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 83
najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
The feeling I got after seeing this hand unfold is a mixture of pure disgust and dismay.
Obviously I cannot open UTG with such a hand, but when it hits, it blows up minds

I'm really confused here :mad:, unless I'm blind, the UTG player is the winner. Isn't that a straight flush ? Why would the button win with an A high flush ? There's obviously something I'm missing. Please let me know what.
And about opening with that hand UTG, I think it depends on the dynamic of the table, the stacks size and the tourney level... But in most cases, that's looking for trouble.

S

SharkyShark1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait, that can't be right, how can the AJ win over a straight flush. Anyways, I would not open with 75s in early position and probably not even in late position. If you want to open with suited at least let them be connected.

M

manIk5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He didn't win cause he folded preflop . He's just showed us how poker can be ugly sometimes , specially when you fold preflop & would turn a str flush and would be against nut flush . Good fold anyway , how often do you flop/turn/river straight flush with 7high when you play it from utg ...

Sry I busted you tonight , ended up 5th , was quite pleased with results in this 1st freeroll with 200-300 people here . GL m8 & thx CC

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yup, no feeling worse than sitting on the sideline thinking, damn if only I had called with the crap hand I was holding, I would have had a one outer for the absolute nuts, damn, damn, damn. :confused: This has to be the the least productive way to spend your time when you are out of a hand there is.

M

manIk5

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yup, no feeling worse than sitting on the sideline thinking, damn if only I had called with the crap hand I was holding, I would have had a one outer for the absolute nuts, damn, damn, damn. :confused: This has to be the the least productive way to spend your time when you are out of a hand there is.

I agree , that kind of thinking can't help your game at all . But if the turn wasnt 6h, but instead any other heart , he would donk it all almost everytime . not to mention playing 75s from utg . Its not good play on long run

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
obviously never fold ever again because you might hit a monster of a hand.

N

nutself

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Seeing hands like this will likely put players on tilt, these kind of situations reminds US poker is not an easy game after all.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Missing a sweet hand like that is one of the worst feelings I find in poker. Things that make you go #@*%$ !!!

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He didn't win cause he folded preflop . He's just showed us how poker can be ugly sometimes , specially when you fold preflop & would turn a str flush and would be against nut flush . Good fold anyway , how often do you flop/turn/river straight flush with 7high when you play it from utg ...

Sry I busted you tonight , ended up 5th , was quite pleased with results in this 1st freeroll with 200-300 people here . GL m8 & thx CC
Well, no worries, it happens, besides no way you were going to fold with high two.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wait, that can't be right, how can the AJ win over a straight flush. Anyways, I would not open with 75s in early position and probably not even in late position. If you want to open with suited at least let them be connected.
I folded pre, no way Im gonna play it UTG

Well, if I were in a better position and envolved in the pot preflop, well yes I would feel that way, but in that situation, I wasnt

obviously never fold ever again because you might hit a monster of a hand.
Well, you have better chances winning at Russian roulette with 5/6 rather than 1/6

Seeing hands like this will likely put players on tilt, these kind of situations reminds us poker is not an easy game after all.
Not if you know what u were doing, hitting hands like these is too rare, playing it that hand UTG is suicidal

razarach_xD

razarach_xD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I fold - I folded ! I can't tilt because of this because I decided not to play. It comes with time, I also used to think: if I played this I would win.... but then comes the tilt....
I mean, I saw many times when I dumped my low pair and on the board... here they are making (could make) 4 of a kind. If you start thinking like that it will result in playing too many hands which you don't want to.....
Hope it helps

rabman50

rabman50

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the board flops 777 does that mean you should have played 72o UTG? I generally laugh it off knowing that the preflop fold was the correct decision regardless of the board runout.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't see anything supernatural - this is poker. I used to go crazy after this, but when I went beyond, for some reason I was punished. Then I saw that these situations happen not only to me, but also to the pros.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, it’s a shame, but imagine that you don’t have a straight flush, but simply Flash (in most cases it will be so) and you will lose to the high flush if you play with 75s from UTG !!!

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pretty sure he didnt play the hand, he just showed us what he had when he folded. but ya, i would not play that hand utg.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
kinda shocked you didn't play this hand. What a waste!

Seems you've altered your strategy since!

This really makes sense of the playing any two cards in any position.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, you can't play this hand UG. I would have folded the same way. How often does it happen that you actually hit a straight flush, a flush or a straight? Hardly ever. Even a strong draw in the form of an open ended straight draw or flush draw is rare. That means you will probably have to fold your hand after the flop. The only way you can possibly get a profit if you raise preflop and then try to steal the pot with a c-bet. But that is risky because you are out of position in early position and it is also possible that someone 3-bets you. You can hardly call a 3-bet either. So all in all, if you keep playing hands like 75s in early position, you will lose in the long run.

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On a table where people almost never 3bet preflop, I'd certainly consider openning that UTG, especially if the blinds are awful and the BTN overfolds. Against a competent table, I'd probably almost never play that hand.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On a table where people almost never 3bet preflop, I'd certainly consider openning that UTG, especially if the blinds are awful and the BTN overfolds. Against a competent table, I'd probably almost never play that hand.
But why would I invest in a losing stock that hits less often than a major mass extinction?

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This happens very rarely, but this hand is very weak and in most cases you will lose a lot of chips with it))

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Consider playing 3-4 additional tables. You will not be focused on the hands you fold, instead you will be focused on the hands you are playing, and even more focused on how your opponents are playing, and how you can take advantage of how they play.

Just a suggestion.

M

Memphis legend

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you don't play 7-5 tug. I don't care if its suited or not.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands