Would you go all in the itm bubble with AA since you already have two players in all

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would fold the AA if I had the chance to money. I lost $5 once because someone on another table lost and it said bubble was broken on intertops, so I called with my AA, but since we were still in hand for hand, and of course I would have the least chips, the tournament said I was the one that bubbled when my aces got cracked.

KidCarter93

KidCarter93

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a slamdunk get in 100% of the time. Getting into the money doesn't matter. If you're gonna fold AA just to try and make a min cash, you'll be a losing player and easily exploitable at the tables.

You have the nuts. Granted, there's times where your hand won't win but pre-flop, you have the nuts and should never be folding there.

There is only one exception. If you're in a satellite and on/right near the bubble for tickets/seats and you have enough chips to get the ticket/seat if you simply fold. In that case, fold away because the top however many players get paid the same so there's no extra ICM choice to make.
If you don't have enough chips to quote make it by folding, then it's 100% all in with the Aces

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I’m for sure joining them all in.. and waking away don’t want to see it

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ya gotta go for it..

Exact situation, one minute ago: on bubble, get pocket AA, I shove, ends up one enemy catches his QQQ; hello loser's lounge. Going down swinging is better than min cash.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
In online poker I have seen that if I miss one , or even worse two hands that were to be won by me , then I pay the price by being eliminating earlier , not laderring up better , not winning more money ,, I lose better chances . Blinds go fast up , I cannot think the bubble or the payouts all the time , I did it the last time , i paid the consequeces . But AA , it;s very easy to answer the question , I would call easily , instantly . It'snlot a drawing hand , AK , it's not QQs . Then again you take more facts nto consideration , how many are they after you, their stacks and yours , etc . Anyway , AA , good/easy call (if they cover you) or reshove :)

L

LotharMcDowner

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a slamdunk get in 100% of the time. Getting into the money doesn't matter. If you're gonna fold AA just to try and make a min cash, you'll be a losing player and easily exploitable at the tables.

You have the nuts. Granted, there's times where your hand won't win but pre-flop, you have the nuts and should never be folding there.

There is only one exception. If you're in a satellite and on/right near the bubble for tickets/seats and you have enough chips to get the ticket/seat if you simply fold. In that case, fold away because the top however many players get paid the same so there's no extra ICM choice to make.
If you don't have enough chips to quote make it by folding, then it's 100% all in with the Aces

- Best answer

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
LOL
This situation literally just happened to me les than an hour ago. I had AA I open get jammed on and I call and another did as well. Ofc I called and Gillian had KK he hits a king. GG me.

I am not playing to min cash. I am trying to win not just cash. Folding aces isn’t how I will ever win a tournament therefore I won’t.

Only time I ever would fold aces is on the bubble in a satellite with my seat virtually locked up and maybe at the wsop main event 10k. (If I play it which is a goal)

[emoji38]

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it hard to resist, and it usually works out.. But I have also folded many times to make sure I get to the $ :)

freddydr87

freddydr87

League Champion
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would fold the AA if I had the chance to money. I lost $5 once because someone on another table lost and it said bubble was broken on intertops, so I called with my AA, but since we were still in hand for hand, and of course I would have the least chips, the tournament said I was the one that bubbled when my aces got cracked.
That was unfurtunattly,but when i play i dont go for ITM i go for the FT and the win,the best spot to get free chips is the bubble lots off players play very night. And with AA and all the table going all in i call very happy.

psanto

psanto

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would go all in if the next prize were little, as I enter in small prized tournaments only. If it was a considerable prize or sattelite, it would be a fold, for sure.

P

Pokerbluffer123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes only in cash games and tournaments satellites I would fold specially when nearing winning line

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Nope. Gotta get the money. That's what we're playing for.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well sure. The bottom pays how much, 2-3x the buy in, is this what you playing for? For 3 hours? To double up? I say unless its a realy huge payjump, you just play poker like you dont care.

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very complicated!
From situation to situation ...
In the vast majority of cases, I would play all in, but also some situations in which I would fold.
An example of this is satellites in which all players who enter the prizes receive the same tickets, regardless of the placement.
I mostly play freeroll tournaments and some of them have a prize structure such that a few hundred players play for a very small number of prize places. The best example of this are the ACR $100 freerolls with a prize structure: 1. - $50, 2. - $30, 3. - $20. Is it reasonable to go all in from third place against the two leaders in the tournament if they have a huge advantage in the number of chips, and the fourth player has much fewer chips than you and is on the verge of relegation.
There may be other situations like the two I described, but they don’t occur to me at the moment. In common situations this is the desired hand and all in is the right move.

Brentsn

Brentsn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you can’t go all in preflop with two people already there why are you playing? Yes you will lose sometimes but over the long haul you’ll win. Do you not have a bankroll?

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends ,if its a $ 1-20$ tournament ,I will play my AA but if its like 100-200$ buy in then I muck them if some players are all in

funkymoney

funkymoney

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes it depends on the buy-in and also the pattern of the opponent. if your stack is greater than all then I would go all in