Would you go all in the itm bubble with AA since you already have two players in all

beldin2010

beldin2010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You go all in with pocket aces no matter how many people in front of you shoved at least I will do it :).

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the condition of my bank but by 90’/, I would go too all in.

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on the situation yes, most of the time.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the buy in of the tournament because it´s different being the bubble in a $0.55 tourney and being eliminated in the Sunday Million.(you won the ticket playing a satellite).In the first case, of course I´d go all in but in the second one I´d fold the hand.

C

carlitosrway

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
no, the point of tournaments is make it to the money ,Aces are hard to fall but you have to.

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on stack... If i have decent or big stack i would pay and go for tournament win, if i am realy low i would fold and hope for mincash

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I went and lost, but I do not regret all the same AA, could double. Lost ticket $11.
On satty bubble i am folding withouth looking if there is 3-4 players with lower stack than me...

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on if you have them covered, if you have 1 chip left -risking your tourney life to pick up 3 chips probably not worth it, but if you have more chips than both of them shove away.

DampflokTV

DampflokTV

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well i think it really depends on multiple aspects of the game.

In the early phase of the game you want to get rid of people but you do not want to get busted with a runner runner flush.

Also important is your chipstack. Have less then 10 to 15 BB? Go for it!!

But in early game with enaough BB? Just fold .... you have so many chances to get them later ....

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. Almost always I would recommend the all-in. Most of the time you would have a 65%-75% of tripling up with AA 3-way. Considering the fact that tournament prize structures are top heavy, the reward of going all-in (much better chance of a top finish in the MTT) is greater than the risk (getting bubbled).

Remember, a min-cash is usually only 1.5-2.2 times the buy-in which is not much more than the buy-in, but minuscule in comparison to the top 3 payouts.

That being said, in my opinion, there are very specific situations where you may want to lay AA down.
1) Satellite bubbles when you feel as though you would satellite through anyway. Here, the risk is high and the reward is minuscule since you would qualify anyway.
2) In a regular tournament, when you are super poor. This one is in my opinion. My reason for this is that even if you win the hand, your stack would still be very small, and as such, the value of your chips would still be lower than the value of the min. cash. By super poor, I mean your stack is lower than about half the starting stack size.

NOTE: Keep in mind, the answer to the question, like many questions, is context-dependent. It depends on things like prize pool structure, stack sizes, and how deep you are (i.e. how many big blinds you have, both in absolute terms and in relation to other people in the tournament).

BEST OF LUCK WITH THE GRIND!!! :)

Don't underestimate the effect an ITM bubble has mate. A mincash doesn't sound like much but it can have a considerable effect on the optimal play.

Having said that though, there is rarely a case where ICM is so strong that you'd fold AA pre. Completely agree with you on the two scenarios. Sattelites (a very flat payout structure) or having a tiny tiny stack (so very low added value in tripling up) are pretty much the only reasons you'd ever fold AA here :)

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With AA even though there are multiple players in and no matter what the situation is. I am putting everything in with AA.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA All-in?

Really, I dislike all-ins but they are part of the game. As for holding a monster and folding pre-flop, even to an all in..what would you call with? and if you can't call with AA maybe you should try checkers.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This is not complicated at all. Your aim is to win the whole tournament and if you're prepared to fold AA pre-flop on the bubble, then you will NEVER win. Say you have a average stack with around 40 people left. You go all in with AA. 2/3rds of the time you will triple up and become one of the tournament big stacks, knock out or cripple two other players and be in a really strong position to go deep and win serious money. Or you can pussy out and fold the best starting hand you can be dealt an watch your chip stack dwindle away for another minimum cash that you've spent 2 to 5 hours to get.

Go big or go home.

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For sure, you either grow up or fall out of the tournament. Most of the time this decision will take you further with a more comfortable stack.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
very complicated!
What kind of a coin with a chipak are we talking about if we have AA and 80% + against any range of oppa? Why give advice to beginners at all if you yourself don't fully understand what you are talking about? The only option to fold AA preflop is a satellite, where let's say 11 players are left, 10 of them will get tickets. You are second and there are short stacks at the table, and chipak shoves at you. Well, you can also throw AA on the bubble of some expensive tournament for you, in which you made your way through a bunch of satellites, say, for 10k, but you couldn't join, and 10k for you is a lot of money several times higher than your bankroll.

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going there so I lose, it's part of the game and you have to risk, I prefer to go for the first place than for the bubble.

poker is like the compass, if you don't know how to use it, it's better that you don't stay at home.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm going all in there but it might not be the correct icm play. How much the buy in is and how much the bubble pays might affect my decision.

K

Kingblack74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The bubble

I'm going as much as it's going to take if they bet I call it's that simple 😉:smile::angel:

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
caracaski220

Absolutely . I want to make as many chips as I can at bubble time. My goal is not to make the money , it is to win the tournament. The chips of those 2 all in players will go a long way to helping me win the tourney.

MoCoSolo

MoCoSolo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed with people that say yes. In it to win it. Need the chips! You'll never be behind so everyone else will be banking on some luck to get ahead.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in ace acr

I find every time I do that to 2 already all in. I call and get beat 99 percent of the time with someone having 2 pair . Many times on the bubble. So now I just wait and put little in on ace ace

P

Pokersavvy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm in to the end. :) We all been there, it can be brutal.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am all in ever single time. I dont care about the cash I want to win. Now could I actually be in a situation where this may change? Probably but again I want to win. I might think about it if I was a top chip stack in a big time tournament and the one player is all in that has me covered I may have to at least think about it but that maybe the only time I dont go for it.

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
easy Aces preflop all in 100% of the time hehe... I rather double or triple my stack and fight for better prizes than secure a min cash and of course it depends on how many blinds we have me and the villains...:angel::smile::smile: