winning a huge online tourny?

D

donkey2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was just contemplating the chances of advancing through a series of stages to gain entry in to a major tourny with a huge prize pool and wondered has anyone at this forum achieved such a thing and got into the money

for example the venom

had anyone from here reached the final 5 in stage 6?

comment with your best result? and howlong it took you and your thoughts on the how much more the tounrnament becomes more slower and more serious as you progress.

for me i found tht stage 1 has more all ins from donks
stage 2 is a much more controlled betting
and stage 3 is more cautious
and so far hopefully i will find out for myself that stage 4/5/6 will be a very tight field?

your thoughts are appreciated

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday I was 5 th in the final Bb play only BB and progressive KO at PS:jd4::cool:
I also won 00:55 750gtd turbo progressive when with one BB after a bad beat, 5K / 10K blinds. I had the most KO and I waited because they all want my bounty..AQ and 70k :)
in heads up u winn :)
:cool:
respect and good luck on tables,
Alex

Attachments

• IMG_1155.jpg
    IMG_1155.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1141.jpg
    IMG_1141.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1131.jpg
    IMG_1131.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1137.jpg
    IMG_1137.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 31
Goldog

Goldog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ll be the voice of discipline. All these satellites are just inducement to play over your head.

If you can win a big buy in it is in reality coming from your bankroll. Depending on your money situation it may not be in your best interest.

M

mulliongc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you don't have skin in the game, when you have nothing to lose, which is the case with freerolls, the play is all over the place. BTW, entry fees are only 1 form of investment. After you have spent a couple or three hours grinding it out, the time you have spent also becomes an investment. But on the 1st orbit of a freeroll no one yet has skin in the game so an all in bet with 10,6, off is not uncommon. Watch what kind of hands are played when contestants are within 4 or 5 positions of "bubble boy". Big difference.

F

Fonsecadale78

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not yet

Still waiting for my special day😒

Zzzms

Zzzms

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been thinking a little about this too, it just feels like it has to be a crazy long shot to ever get to the Venom, let alone all that build up and grinding leading up to playing a huge GT, it's just exhausting thinking about the variance involved.

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ll be the voice of discipline. All these satellites are just inducement to play over your head.

If you can win a big buy in it is in reality coming from your bankroll. Depending on your money situation it may not be in your best interest.

Yeah I used to OPR people who sattied into events or were playing over there heads (typically on Sundays) and some were fearless and didn't let the higher than normal buyin scare them, but usually they were still just outmatched by better players. Then there are the satty winners who are scared to play anything but top 5% of hands, and don't even get aggressive then.

Sattys are nice for a shot if they won't let you have $T or cash, but if at all possible you would be better off just cashing it out and buiding up your BR.