Will you risk a tournament ?

L

Lucky River

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if these are suited AK, then most likely I will risk doubling the stack.

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tools

You that your use of tools in on line poker, can to be a problem for your live poker?!

Defenetly depending on opponents game and play history if it's a squeeze play it's 100% of the time if it's a tight player and facing a shove depends on how many players are in the hand... So it's a spot for reflection in my opinion.

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just call, ak is not a hand to play more than 30cg preflop.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like AK because it's not a ready hand. It is not worth risking a tournament life with an equal opponent on the stack. If you want to get to the final table, then take the chips from the small stacks. I'll let you in on a little secret. I crashed out of 4 tournaments in one day with an AK hand. It was the same scenario everywhere. All in preflop, call and goodbye tournament.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Not an easy question. If you play 6 hours long in a tournament you don't want to risk everything what you built up. But it is also a matter of mentality.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on your stack and villain stack as well. its not the same if both have 50bb or 20bb left. if yoir stack is deep ( more than 20-25 bb) you should consider 3/4 bet fold if villain is a tight player and he shoves all in after you make a 3 bet or a 4 bet, however if you have less than 20 bb shoving all in is the best way to play the hand.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
Do you risk a tournament before reaching the final table with someone who has as many chips as you, having AK cards or running away?:joyman:

in poker you sometimes have to establish that you cannot be bullied, let the other players know if need be you will protect your blinds or your hand, but don't be super aggressive, learnt o analyze the game, if it doesn't make sense most times (95%) you are ahead

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Do you risk a tournament before reaching the final table with someone who has as many chips as you, having AK cards or running away?:joyman:

It depends on the stacks of all the players left in the tournament but my rule is that you should try to play every hand the best way you can and don't let 'fear' or other emotions influence the 'correct' decision...

GLGL at the tables BlessRNG

7thseal

7thseal

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did this very thing last night. I had AK suited and was drawn all-in pre-flop. The bettor had pocket 7's. I hit my Ace and they caught their third seven. I was left with only about 4 thousand in chips and before the hand was 2nd in the leaderboard with 19 people left playing. I took the gamble knowing that if I won the hand I was sitting in the driver's seat for awhile in the tourney. Not really sure why they shoved with only 7's, but that is the way it goes I guess. It is hard not to make that call every time, but maybe I should learn to let it go and shove the hands I know are "guaranteed" to win. I did place in the money, but feel I could have done much better if I would have been patient.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It depends on the type of player you are facing. If he has played aggressively I can do it

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow yesterday I took a chance on an FT with a pair of 99 and the villain with A 10 called and hit the 10 on the river and drops in 5 * detail I was in 2 *

Happylake

Happylake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Worth the risk

Yes. I like to participate in tournaments. Where there are big prizes. For 2-3 hours, you can earn a good cache. And I get even more pleasure when I win tournament tickets. What's your favorite tournament?

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely yes, if you are not prepared to risk like that, you don’t deserve final table.