why will it be so difficult

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because it will be so difficult in a tournament to stay after the bubble, most of the time they eliminate me without playing, since the blinds end up expelling from the tournament as you can go as far as you do, it is difficult to reach the final table, How do you survive, how do they do it, sometimes I think that I am programmed to eliminate myself in the bubble, swim so much to die on the shore, I am willing to listen to advice, I am already tired of losing:confused:

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Because it will be so difficult in a tournament to stay after the bubble, most of the time they eliminate me without playing, since the blinds end up expelling from the tournament as you can go as far as you do, it is difficult to reach the final table, How do you survive, how do they do it, sometimes I think that I am programmed to eliminate myself in the bubble, swim so much to die on the shore, I am willing to listen to advice, I am already tired of losing:confused:

Perhaps you need to set more realistic expectations.

In most MTTs only 15% last the bubble and find themselves in the money - that is a goal in and of itself. To make the final table is another goal which (naturally) even fewer achieve.

Set some simple goals. The size of your stack will dictate what happens after the bubble to a large degree. If low stacked you can only expect to ladder a little if at all. If deep stacked then you can player tighter and use premium hands to ladder up. Make notes of your cashes and set a final table goal, somewhere between 5% to 10% of those cashes.

What you should not do is make it into the money but regard this as a loss because you did not final table. Making it to a final table almost always involves some coin flips so appreciate it comes down to luck as much as skill. The same applies (even more) to winning a tournament.

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its about knowing the outs ect. and being able to do the numbers fast and then i would play remembering that luck is also a factor. The more you play the better you'll get. Good luck.

4give4live

4give4live

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Always aim for the "head". And the bubble will bypassing you ;)

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a look at the 30 day course here in Cardschat. You should do the entire course but for now look at the sections on preflop strategy and hand ranges. You probably need to expand your opening ranges when you are in the best late positions at the table. You can't wait for premium hands because they just don't appear that often to help you. As you learn to open up your game read the section in the course on aggression. Without it you will get run over by other players.

If these few suggestions help just a little try actually doing the whole course.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If it appears that you are bubbling to often because you are blinding out, then you may want to look and see if you are playing to tight. Often players tend to tighten up and that may lead to blinding out or having so little chips left that even if you make it ITM you have very little to no chance of making a final table with the few chips you have.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The moment you speak, for you, everything is psychological! You have imprinted in your mind that you can't go on from there ... I'm sure you don't have the same style of play as at the beginning, try to play the same, be you!

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most important tip in poker:
Be patient, take your time, wait for a good position.

thehangdude

thehangdude

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As the bubble approaches, players will know when you are playing tight. This means that waiting for a great hand ensures nobody will pay you off once you finally get a great hand.

If you haven't played a hand in a couple rounds, lighten up your range to take advantage of your tighter image.

Learn how a good shove fold strategy can keep you in the game and even double you up. Once you get below 10BB and preflop pot is 2.5BB, just shoving can create excellent fold equity.

Let's say you are in middle position. When you shove, the remaining players don't know if you have a small pair, large pair, AK, or stone cold bluff. If you just raise, they can pick up that fold equity by shoving over the top. For this reason, some people elect to only raise with AA and KK when short stacked, and shove with any other playable hands.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Nobody said it would be easy.
I just keep waiting patiently for strong cards and a good situation. In my opinion, the main thing is not to play with junk, and then you have a chance to get to the final table.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've noticed that a lot of my hands don't play, so it's really difficult to play. Therefore, I say to myself after the bubble: - just show your best game trying to play without mistakes, and then how will it turn out

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Thanks for posting. In large MTT cashing is a good achievement all by itself. You will often have to out last 1000 or more other players. Making it to the final table means you will have made to the top 1% of the field.
A player of average ability will reach the final table less that 1 in 100 attempts. In micro stakes tournaments, you will often find fields much bigger than 1000, so naturally your chances of making the FT goes down even more.

What I'm trying to say is that you should not be too hard on yourself about not going deep on a regular basis. To improve your chances, I would strongly suggest studying shortstacked play. Remember though, as you become shortstacked, luck plays a bigger and bigger part of the game, so expect more bad beats, and more flips.

Sakisdask

Sakisdask

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah its true !!! itsDifficult to win some money of course but poker needs some of Luck, strategy and many risk!! you know... so if you want to be in the money try to build on good pot early in tournament with some all in maybe! you have not lose anythink if you try this! ;) Good Luck

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I find, around the bubble time, most people are tightening up. So this is, for some, an ideal time to open up and start stealing blinds. Don't be afraid to back off if someone comes over the top. But you can pick up a lot.

Pay attention to which other players are keeping a bit too tight and avoid them unless you have a made hand.

But, in terms of getting to FT or top spot, you have to be willing to get all your chips in the middle. Hard to gain a significant lead if you only play one in 15 hands and are just winning 1.5BB because when you finally do play, everyone sees you coming a mile away.

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you have a problem at a certain point in a tournament it usually extends from an earlier point and you are seeing the final result.

The problem isn't the bubble or right after, it is going to be in the middle of the tournament.

You need to start being more aggressive, open your range, and play more pots once the anties start. As there is more and more in the pot you need to take more chances an build your stack, not float along. You need to be aware of how many blinds you have.

When I have 30 or less blinds I'm looking for hands and to steal blinds. I'm looking to play for stacks.

A general rule of thumb is at 10 BB or less shove because you have fold equity, the problem is many people don't feel any urgency until that point. Usually it's too late and they force the action with poor hands. Start looking to play hands at 20 BB and stay ahead of the blinds.

If you start stealing blinds, taking more chances earlier, you will maintain a larger stack. The bubble will come and go without much of an issue.

You will find that you are going to bust earlier but will go deeper into tournaments which is the ideal result, a minimum cash isn't going to maintain your bankroll.

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is completely normal that you will miss 10 or 20 maybe even 100 tournaments. The blinds are increasing incredibly quickly so that it quickly becomes an all-in or fold festival. And then it is often a coin flip that decides whether you are eliminated or can double. To win a tournament you need a lot of luck. I am not a fan of tournament poker. Television has made tournament poker look glamorous and like a competition where skill prevails. However, the truth of the matter is that luck plays much larger factor in tournament than in ring games. Think about it this way: at a regular no-limit game, if you started with $2.000 what is the chance that you would end up with $2 million before the night was over? Zero. However, to win a tournament where each player has 2k starting chips and 1.000 people enter, you would need to win two million in chips to win the tournament. Not an easy feat to do unless lady luck truly smiled upon you that day!

I can consistently win at a ring game, whereas a tournament is feast or famine.
Luck plays a much smaller role in having a winning session at a ring game than at a torunament.
it is much easier to tell if you are a good ring game player than a good tournament player. Since the best tournament player can easily go ten sessions winning nothing, it is very difficult to tell if you are doing the right thing.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't know about what tournaments are you talking about , make the final table of a large fielded MTT it is not a super easy task. If you want to make several FTs then you should play smaller fielded tournaments although I don't think this is the problem.

What came to my mind when I read your post was that you are afraid in case you don't cash. So the down below are some super general tips in order to run deeper in some tournaments:
  1. Study!
  2. Don't be afraid to gamble in certain spots(before/after ITM) , you should arrive at the bubble phase with a super healthy stack. You should be the bully if you have a healthy stack , you should know when and why to fight back to the bully , he can't have it every time right?
  3. You should also make the FT with a healthy stack otherwise you would have a passive role to the FT and you will pray for a lucky flip - I don't say that being passive and win some flips won't give you the win - just mentioning what is the best case's scenario in order to win a MTT.
  4. Have a strong preflop game and if possible register relatively early to those tournaments , the early stages are super beneficial for the good players to stack off the weaker opponents.
  5. Volume! If you play for example one tournament per day and you want to win it this is something suuuuuuuuuuper optimistic to my eyes!
  6. Last but not least : Become a Winning Poker Player in 30 Days - CardChat.com™ (cardschat.com)
Good Luck

skalibur

skalibur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
really final table is very difficult to reach

it does have a certain difficulty and to get there we have to venture a lot I played in a tournament of 3400 people I led the majority of the tournament was with 12 million chips and the second with 6 million when 30 players were missing so I half two pairs I bet everything the other won went to 6 million afterwards with just 22 people a bet all over again I was eliminated with flush it really is difficult to reach the final table more and more we are learning and it gets easier ...

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You have to learn to make decisions, at certain moments of the tournament, I for example strong hand is ALL-IN to avoid that the blinds consume me, but hey sometimes you get hit bad bets that is something normal lately.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

This statement is kind of broad and general so im not exactly sure how to elaborate a response. Tournament poker is tough, and we are going to lose waaaaay more than we are going to win. So, if you cannot handle losing ALOT, then maybe this is not for you and you should switch to cash games.

That said, tournament poker has alot of different dynamics across different stages -- so there are all kinds of adjustments to make during play. Study study study!! Find a group and hammer out sessions once or twice a week! Put in good volume, its hard to overcome variance if you aren't playing 100 MTTs+ a month -- this is just reality.

"The best way to preserve your tournament life is to keep accumulating chips" ‐‐ Matt Affleck.

You've got to know the proper plays at the proper stages to be successful. Thats about as much as I can say. Keep your head up, good luck in your games.