Why Fiesty and shove in Freerolls?

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not understand why some love to shove in freerolls..., I do shove myself, after a cold deck of nothing for an hour..,but that is exception, but why do others? I don't say this to be a jerk, I am trying to understand why you shove with nothing, especially on a board with nothing that hits your cards?

Post away:)

Last edited:
A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, like many who I asked and read this all because freerolls are free and do not require special attention, especially for those who just came to unwind and enjoy the gameplay. The same behavior is observed in any other tournament.

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since it costs nothing to enter people often enter when they are doing other things like working at their job---so they enter and go allin and if they happen to win the pot they have lots of chips so when they get back to their computer after an hour or so they still have chips left--they repeat the process and get lucky again--and then after maybe 2 hours if they have chips left they are in the money and might even have time to sit down and play
It takes very little time and no money to enter a freeroll

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For winning a tournament is needed effort, so the most players dont want to dedicate attention and patience on freerolls because they not to pay millionaires prizes.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
theoretically and statistically speaking. the higher the stakes the better poker is played. meaning less mistakes and bad decisions. now low and free rolls. expect a bunch of all ins and big calls "with that?" to suck out on you. it's just nature. if they gamble and get lucky they double or triple up. if they get unlucky they are out and lose nothing, its a free roll. if the buy in was like $4,000 people would play with more caution because if they gamble by going all in and lose, then they will lose $4,000 as oppose to nothing on a free roll. it's just common sense. Also time, what 2 hours is for you it's not the same for others. same thing with money.

W

wallyworld127

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freeroll shoving

So something i would do with my friends when we would play a fr is have chalenges and sides bets on crazy ways to win fr and then win idividual pots as well. for instance:im in the middle of a hand and my friend says a bet you a dollar if you go allin right now you will win or you will lose and you take the side bet and do the allin or whatever the concept of the bet was. that might give you a little insite into some of the reason people are going allin so much.

Geyomobama

Geyomobama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol theres litterally a thread about this. As if the whole act wasn't annoying enough. Let's talk about it to make ourselves feel better.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol theres litterally a thread about this. As if the whole act wasn't annoying enough. Let's talk about it to make ourselves feel better.
Sorry I’m sure there are many threads about it, I am happy to play freerolls as I can test many theories and play with amazing people...I wonder if there is a freeroll that does not involve any bingo poker players though..I know it’s not easy to have a freeroll in general, but I’m wondering if there is a way to have an advanced one, where if you shove 72 offsuit for instance, you have to explain yourself lol (again I’m sure this idea has been brought up and I understand it’s not easy to achieve) Perhaps freeroll for money isn’t the answer but a common player(not private) game against players that want to play a sound game (not for money)

I myself play the freerolls not to gain money, but to work on craft, and (yes I shove with marginal hands at times to test bluff theories) could care less about winning money from these personally.

I do understand there has to be a balance between having fun and playing a super strat game of poker...so it is not easy to do

Last edited:
R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My opinion is that this is done by weak players or those who do not want to sit on freerolls in vain for a long time. That is, if they double, then they have a better chance of reaching the prizes.

B

bonart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not just in freerolls. Happens in $1.10 to $3.30 tournaments in Pokerstar too.
Maybe it is a habit or system they developed while playing freerolls.

I tend to shove a good pair of cards when I am down to under 10 BB. That is unless I can am sure I can make it to the money without playing any hands.

Hate it when you have a pocket AA and losing to a silly hand.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't put my entire stack on the line without a better hand. But as far as I know, pokerstars likes to encourage players who push all in

Freeroll Passwords