For whom poker is a job?

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are there many for whom poker is the main source of income?
I would like to know your opinion, is it worth trying now to become a professional game player?
Your thoughts on poker today?

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that's a pretty broad question. I would like poker to be a side hustle for myself - i just havnt grown the bankroll enough yet to start making legit money. I think you have to progress into things - not just want to go pro immediately. If you have never experienced a downswing or never went/came close to going bust, then i am not sure you could handle those rides.

This is a video from one of my favorite vloggers and he kind of gives some advice on anyone thinking of playing pro, as well as shares some of his personal experiences. I hope it helps, good luck to you.

naydanazar

naydanazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to know your opinion, is it worth trying now to become a professional game player?
Poker is always an unpredictable thing), for most it's a job, for someone's frustration and just a hobby) and for me it's just a hobby)

kostas1234

kostas1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For those ho win is a job for those ho loses is a game hehe

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

For whom is poker the main source of income? Not me..
Who would like poker to be it's main source of income? Yeeeey.

Seriously though, I think people, especially young ones, shouldn't strive to make poker a main source of income. I mean, go play it and have fun, if you win big good, if not it is not so terrible. What is terrible is addiction. gambling especially. Unfortunately, there is a thing called Dunning-Kruger effect, a cognitive bias in which people of low ability have illusory superiority. No one thinks they are bad at poker.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think it is possible. But for this you need to work hard and hard every day. You have to learn, practice, and improve your skills every day. I am sure this is possible.

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! For me it's a hobby. But I try to improve my game and maybe poker will be for me more just a hobby. It's nice when your hobby gives you money.