Who managed to make a bankroll since winning the Freeroll?

N

Napalm

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I managed to take first place in Freeroll. But later I came to the conclusion that at the box office again zero.)Try again. On Deposit there is no money. More precisely, there is no possibility.

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Way to go, folks! I've made it from freerolls and never played poker for my own money and I believe it's the only good way to go.
I can explain why.
Of course, if you building your bankroll just from freerolls it's pretty long and rocky way, but on the other hand, it's time you learn to play poker. Learn how to beat fish in those freerolls (and it's well enough of them in there) and later you could use those skills for your more serious buy-in games. There will be often one or another fish at your table and you better be prepared how to extract most money/chips from him.

Also, if you play freerolls, it's a risk-free adventure, so the only thing you pay is your time and you're actually learning at that time, so it's a win-win situation.
Also by playing freerolls at the beginning instead of depositing, you're preserving yourself from becoming a loser, who just lost so many dollars at the beginning of his career, that he simply has no motivation to play that game further.

Another important point, if you play only for the money you did hardly earned from other poker games, you learn to respect your bankroll money and do play more responsible as if you could deposit any time.

I personally think that you're on the right way. Stick to bankroll management, keep grinding it up and learning to play this amazing game. If you really love it, you will be great some day.

Last edited:
Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Free rolls are a great way to start. I've withdrawn some funds so I'm back to playing with small single digit and double digit bankrolls and need to be "choosy" about the games played.

I finished 22nd/3000+ in 888's Sochi free roll today where if you finished first a nice poker vacation results. I also finished another free roll winning $1.85 without working it too hard. Echoing the prior post, manage your bankroll and keep grinding...and enjoy the challenge doing it.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
3-4 years ago, I managed to build a bankroll from scratch thanks to freerolls. For 10 months, I increased my bankroll from $ 100 to almost $ 1,500. This is absolutely real.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
yep, it's possibly and doable.
Many of us did it.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i spend some part on my freerolls earnings and the rest i accumalete it to withdraw

C

chippyrob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its very hard to be successful in free rolls i know this from experience but its absolutely possible to build from nothing it takes a lot of patience and thats literally all it takes and some skill id recommend using the money you use to buy cigarettes or treats for yourself and invest in a good bankroll thats if your serious about giving it a fair go and if you fail and keep failing id recommend learning from poker stars poker school its free to join and youll learn alot, :)

robert

jadaminato

jadaminato

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As many people say, I think it's about finding the right freerolls. If after six hours of play you win $ 3, it does not make much sense. But if you play satellites and get tickets to bigger tournaments then entering the money can mean 100 dollars at a time, so you have a good base to start;)

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll on Cardschat is little bit hard but public freeroll are way harder!

G

GrannySmit77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freeroll on Cardschat is little bit hard but public freeroll are way harder!
Not always true, the freeroll for Canadians only, most players play really well. I played that tournament several times but it's not '' soft''. The 11 AM summer freeroll ( which is open to everybody) , I find it way softer.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I managed to take first place in Freeroll. But later I came to the conclusion that at the box office again zero.)Try again. On Deposit there is no money. More precisely, there is no possibility.

I raised the maximum bankroll on freerolls to $ 50, and then continued to play normal tournaments and cash games and my bankroll was up to $ 1,000, I try not to replenish my money in poker and raise a bankroll in freerolls, but it takes a long time, so I wish Good luck in raising your bankroll!

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In life, really to achieve everything yourself and absolutely free but it takes patience and work endurance and diligence.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, there is.
But you only now learnt that spending is more easy than winning.
Keep winning and use bank roll managmeent not to spend!

As others have said: its tedious, but very rewarding.
I agree with Alienated: its the best way to go.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am convinced that any player can build a bankroll from scratch playing freerolls. For this, you need only patience, discipline, good mood and free time. :D

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am convinced that any player can build a bankroll from scratch playing freerolls. For this, you need only patience, discipline, good mood and free time. :D

This is true. I agree with this statement as well. Discipline in bankroll management and proper training / study and it’s possible to build up from free rolls.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I started by playing freerolls until I had a bankroll of a little over $5. Then I added some 50 cent buy-ins while still continuing to play freerolls. I was cashing more often at the buyins and managed to build my way up to playing $1 then $2 now $3 buyins, but I also still play freerolls as often as I can. You always should. First, it helps keep your game really sharp because there is such a wide range of players there and you can learn to identify them all and more importantly, how to successfully play against them. Second, it's free money!

Last edited by a moderator:
N

Napalm

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh, there is.
But you only now learnt that spending is more easy than winning.
Keep winning and use bank roll managmeent not to spend!

As others have said: its tedious, but very rewarding.
I agree with Alienated: its the best way to go.
Bankroll construction. I have a problem with that. But I'm learning on my own, and my game gets better over time. I'm not familiar with those who tell me. Just playing poker.)

N

Napalm

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started by playing freerolls until I had a bankroll of a little over $5. Then I added some 50 cent buy-ins while still continuing to play freerolls. I was cashing more often at the buyins and managed to build my way up to playing $1 then $2 now $3 buyins, but I also still play freerolls as often as I can. You always should. First, it helps keep your game really sharp because there is such a wide range of players there and you can learn to identify them all and more importantly, how to successfully play against them. Second, it's free money!

I am really sad that the CC ACR freerolls are not running. I look forward to when they come back.
Yeah, I stopped playing freerolls. When I had $ 5 in the till. Well, immediately there is the thought that you are ready to win normal money. And then surprise you at the box office again zero.) I don't remember if I played the ADC, but I remember that there were funny hints in the mobile App. The so-called tells. Thalls?)

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
Its a great feeling to win money out of a free roll.

I have won a few in CC too.

But as soon as I have some amount in my bank roll, I start losing it in cash, in buy ins of SNG and am back to a big fat ZERO.

Thats a play- win - play - lose - repeat format.
:)

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not intend to make my money for the game yet. I play for money with a freeroll. If everything goes well for me, it will not be necessary to contribute. And if it's bad to make it not worth it.

N

Napalm

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Free rolls are a great way to start. I've withdrawn some funds so I'm back to playing with small single digit and double digit bankrolls and need to be "choosy" about the games played.

I finished 22nd/3000+ in 888's Sochi free roll today where if you finished first a nice poker vacation results. I also finished another free roll winning $1.85 without working it too hard. Echoing the prior post, manage your bankroll and keep grinding...and enjoy the challenge doing it.
Thanks. I play poker sites Freeroll, it's the only thing that happens on stars at the moment. I will try to work with the bankroll.

N

Napalm

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I raised the maximum bankroll on freerolls to $ 50, and then continued to play normal tournaments and cash games and my bankroll was up to $ 1,000, I try not to replenish my money in poker and raise a bankroll in freerolls, but it takes a long time, so I wish Good luck in raising your bankroll!
I made it to $ 50. But then, I fell to zero. The next day, I played sng for $ 1, for 180 participants. But the above did not work. Well, coach, I didn't, did it all on their own.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management