What's your opinion on hyper-turbo tournaments and the knock-out bounty builders?

F

FelixTheLord

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The closest I've ever been to the final table was at an 4.40 knock out where I finished 30th or smth. I won 21£ +- 10 more from bounties.
To me playing a 2h late reg it's a big no no. So I always preferred hyper tournaments where you can rise right from the beginning and stay up top long enough to be in paying places. What are your thoughts on these tournaments ?

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The closest I've ever been to the final table was at an 4.40 knock out where I finished 30th or smth. I won 21£ +- 10 more from bounties.
To me playing a 2h late reg it's a big no no. So I always preferred hyper tournaments where you can rise right from the beginning and stay up top long enough to be in paying places. What are your thoughts on these tournaments ?
One of the most important turbo poker skills. Not every player is ready for this. In a hyper-turbo tournament, most of the times are completed at the preflop stage. In this format, a preliminary strategic strategy is necessary. In addition, an excellent hyper-turbo is well versed in push-fold strategy. He thoroughly knows the range of starting hands in any position and at every stage of the game.The middle stage of a hyper turbo tournament takes place over a period of time when the average stack of participants is 10-15 BB. You can also understand that you are playing in the middle stage by the number of raises - after two promotions one of the players goes all-in. Styles at this stage are not the best technique. But all-in from the button will often be an appropriate and effective weapon. You should enter the distribution only with premium hands, being ready to put the whole stack on the line.but still, I would not recommend them to play from a large number of decisions

F

FelixTheLord

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the most important turbo poker skills. Not every player is ready for this. In a hyper-turbo tournament, most of the times are completed at the preflop stage. In this format, a preliminary strategic strategy is necessary. In addition, an excellent hyper-turbo is well versed in push-fold strategy. He thoroughly knows the range of starting hands in any position and at every stage of the game.The middle stage of a hyper turbo tournament takes place over a period of time when the average stack of participants is 10-15 BB. You can also understand that you are playing in the middle stage by the number of raises - after two promotions one of the players goes all-in. Styles at this stage are not the best technique. But all-in from the button will often be an appropriate and effective weapon. You should enter the distribution only with premium hands, being ready to put the whole stack on the line.but still, I would not recommend them to play from a large number of decisions

I felt like it's a bit rough. I usually play 2-3 of these and remain on 0$ bankroll for a week after. What about knock out? I saw some guys playing huge 55$ knock out and collect over 200 in bounties, these look like a type of tournament is really worth your time if you have a big bankroll

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A fast structure takes away a lot of skill edge, so I am not a huge fan of very fast tournaments. If my time is limited, I prefer to play a tournament with a smaller field, even down to just a 6-man or 9-man SnG.

D

Delfino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like hyper turbo for single table tournaments (I think it's much more entertaining than cash), but such a structure for a multi table tournament makes it too random. There isn't really a lot of skill involved in pre-flop play and there is almost no post-flop play. So it's more or less gambling rather than true sport for me.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like the bounty builders and knock-out tournaments! Those are two modes of games that are really interesting for me, but I don´t like hyper turbo tournaments because I think that you can´t develop your skills and strategy :)

Sorry for my english :D

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
torneos hiperturbo

Hi. I have ever played them. But I think that's not poker, it's more of a lottery. They only serve to earn a few dollars if you are lucky

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Somewhat agree long late reg is brutal. Stars is bad and there is no need for 2:30 late reg. 888 well they need it to get numbers up. Either way no excuse we've just gotta cash bounty builders can change so fast for someone anyways

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like bounty builder tournaments , but i hate hyper turbo its only luck no place for good playing

erik_lima

erik_lima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like bounty builders because the other players always call all in pre flop to eliminate. Then you have be lucky and win a lot of all in pre flop to reach the final table.

O

Overmars

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Like others have said, the skill edge is probably lost with the nature of push/fold being the main strategy for the game.

U

UkoChebuko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good format Imo. But huge variance as well. But depends on the stack also. There are 100bb hyper turbo, they are pretty good. The players are crazy. In hyper MTT...Some of the regs don't like this format. This is good also. The fee is small. I think this MTTs are the most profitable, if we talk about $/hour. But you must have a roll. Big one...It is always like that. The best formats always come with a huge variance.

And the KO MTTs. Higher edge, higher variance....

Shakes

Shakes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate turbos personally as I think they are all crap shoots for the most part. Bounties on the other hand I do like because even if you are off your game a bit, you can get some of the buy in back with some luck. But if you are on your game that is just more ammunition you can go with even incase you get unlucky on an all in situation.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like Hyper turbo, I don't like knockout tournaments.. If you don't have a good hand in hyperturbo, you can't make a big pot... Hyperturbo is a lottery game where players start to panic and play all in almost every hand. my opinion is that this is not the best system of tournaments, but for someone they are good, because they play for luck.. I don't like this game...

Micro-limit knockout tournaments are very similar to Hyper turbo and have nothing to do with poker... The game is to knock out as many opponents as possible faster... complete chaos.. I did not play at high limits, but (micro-low) it is impossible to play...

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like hyper turbos but i realized that after i bust i always fell like i just needed that one more double up to get a big win. Also to get to FT in hyper turbos, you need to win flips like crazy so variance is very high but it can be very fun format from time to time, especially if you start running well :D. At the same time it mixes things up a little bit when alongside other tournaments you have a hyper going on where you have to make very importmant pre-flop decisions all the time.

madbeeet

madbeeet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In general, an interesting format, but too aggressive. It takes too much attention and desire to place a bet)