Whats the best multi phase tournaments?

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi everyone, I would like to know what's the best strategy for a two phase tournament. I do want to get into phase two, however, since the chip leader at phase two has north of 50BB, I don't want to get there with less than 30BB. Any suggestions?

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A friend of mine who plays big tournaments told me to play your game when you are doing any tournament. If you are doing ok on day one, then stay the course. There are going to be variances all the time. Do what you have to for your mental game and keep the same play that you had from the first dealing. Watching WPT tournaments will show you that it is near impossible for the day one leader to make the final table.

blkmoney12

blkmoney12

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played in two phased tournaments.

I have played in two phased tournaments on ACR the past couple weeks except for this past Sunday. I think my advice to you would be play your game and get a nice chip stack that's very helpful especially on the on the most important day that's day two if you have that you have a good shot to make it really really far. Don't take any unnecessary risk but don't be afraid to play. At least on ACR there are a bunch of those tournaments before the Sunday tournament final on the second day. The advice I give you just play your game to the best of your ability and know very from it make changes when they're appropriate but play your game.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Collect as many chips as possible in Phase 1 to have a chance in Phase 2. Obviously if you can do it financially you can start with more Phase 1 and collect a lot of chips with aggressive play. If you don’t have enough money you will be left with a tight game and see if the cards help out. :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont think, there are any major adjustments to be made, just because a tournament runs over two phases. If you can play multible day 1, and you really want to play that particular tournament, then maybe there is some argument for trying to not make it to day 2 with a really short stack. So if you are in that situation towards the end of day 1, maybe adobt a slightly more aggressive strategy to either increase your stack or bust, so you can play another day 1. You cant go to crazy with this though, because then you would just be spewing away EV.

There are also some multiflight tournaments, where everyone reaching day 2 is already in the money, and then the end of day 1 should be played like any other bubble. It can be annoying to have to come back and play day 2, if you have almost no chance of cashing. But if you are already in the money, this obviously does not apply. In that situation you could even choose to not show up for day 2 and just accept the min-cash, and this would still be better than busting near the end of day 1.

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Play only good hands at first. In the middle and beyond, try to find inadequate players and play against them aces and hands above average. And raise to weak players.