What is your least favorite hand?

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the hands I least like playing is A2 offsuit. If I'm in the small blind, and the big blind has like 3 BB left or something, then of course I will cheerfully shove. At a depth of say 12 or 13 big blinds it gets a little more murky, especially if many players will incorrectly call you will small Ax combinations. Any pair that calls you, then you are of course in trouble.

Post flop play gets tougher. Any Ace that calls you is going to have you out kicked if you pair your Ace on the flop. Also, depending on the flop, you cannot be all that happy about C-betting with a pair of 2's.

If you make a full house, your 222AA could lose to say 888AA, or AAA22 can lose to AAAJJ.

When you make a wheel, you will always have the idiot end of the straight. A3s and A4s I would be happier to play more aggressively in the right circumstance.

I'm not saying that it's an automatic fold, but I really don't like it in a lot of situations; and if I choose to play it I do so cautiously.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hands like 99, 10 10 and jacks are tough to play postflop specially in multiway pots, also hands like a10, kq and aj are also hard to play because while the are good preflop hands they tend to be dominated by stronger hands like ak or aq so they are harder to play postflop.

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don’t play A2o full stop unless I’m in the blind, I won’t even play it if it’s min clicked

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My hand of death is QQ. I've busted so many tourneys with this hand. Maybe I except too much from the ladies, it's a hand I go with, put the accelerator on and I'm happy to get it all in pre, but it feels like most of the time its game over. When you think about it QQ is only one up from JJ and everyone hates JJ, I don't hate JJ but then I don't expect as much, so maybe it's me not QQ :)

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
TT and JJ are my least favorite hands. Preflop 3 bet gets all worse hands to hold and post flop any A, K or Q on flop is bad.

JeffSBrito

JeffSBrito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like playing the pair of 99s because it can be a very rewarding experience, as this is a mid-value hand that can offer plenty of opportunities to win pots and accumulate chips.

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AQ. This hand cost me to much.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Pocket kings. I hate them and want to fold them more than play them. It maybe a premium hand but a trap at times. You really cant fold it pre flop but aces have you drawing thin. If a ace hot the board you're behind any ace hand and really cant be to sure of where you are or be happy at that point.

D

Dewitten

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is a top hand but not with me, I lost too many hands and the hand is rarely in my favor.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
22 is my least favorite hand. I have a hard time folding them because when i do a 2 comes up.

ENRIQUE23977

ENRIQUE23977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
My favorite poker hand is when I bet or call a pair of hands before the flop, and then hit a set on the flop. And if villain is aggressive much better, I drop him by himself just calling and when villain's stack is almost full in the pot, I reraise all-in.:ROFLMAO:

apLike

apLike

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
AK) For some reason I love this hand even more than AA. It gives me more variability.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I don’t have such, I try to play with any hand, in poker you can basically win big pots with a bad hand, against AA, and you collect a small straight or a set of deuces.

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
J2 I usually do not play that, even in my small blind :))

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
least favorite and favorite hand at the same time AJ AQ AK these three hands I think when you approach the board that someone is older than you and think someone is older than you and that's almost always the case or you lose to weak cards

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The losing hands are my least favourite hands, and they can range from 7/2 all the way up to and including A/A.
One thing I always think of when playing Poker is "Any 2 cards can win, and any 2 cards can lose"
Don't have favourite hands, and be prepared to fold A/A if you feel they are beaten.
Keep that in the back of your mind when playing and you will not go too far wrong.

J

jack12de

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
AJo. Looks very nice, but I have lost a lot of chips with that hand

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well 7 2 is the lowest starting hand, that is it.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
10 10 is currently killing me. Plays real bad post-flop to any face card. And, not strong enough to shove preflop.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
JJ is my least favorite hand, I basically hate it, it's just that I never win with them, no matter how I play those cards I almost always lose, and when I win I'm always surprised because that almost never happens, I think in general pairs are more difficult to deal with. play, more than an AK, AQ etc

S

sumdumguy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love 57s, hardly anyone expects such a move, 22 on the button, 99 on the SB, JJ in CO there are so many hands! I like to play unpredictably with cards, but also careful when it comes to position.

M

mozgi777

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GE
Chips
I Don't Like Ace and Queen, I Lost Many Times

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
My worst hand in my AQ observation, but every room is different. 888 is unambiguously AQ

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like A2 either, but the worst one for me is 72. There are players that likes to play with that hand to show they can win with the worst hand, but I fold 99.9% of the times.

J

Jayblive83

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Pocket 22s, 56s,54s.....need a good flop or usually not great hands

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands