tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
It`s too difficult for me to play successfully at the middle of the game.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have this want/need to prove myself as a player and as a member of cardschat. it has to do with the fact that i'm a 15 year member and have not accomplished anything significant with poker. i'm surrounded by so many great players that have accomplished great things and i am, to be honest, jealous of it.

it puts me in very negative mindset and leaves me wondering about ability as a player and my worth as a member on here because.

K

kaktus56rus

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kaktus

everyone has a lot of weaknesses but not everyone can fight their weaknesses

R

rasam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bubble play and laddering up , this is my biggest weakness in tournaments and when i`m short stack

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have this want/need to prove myself as a player and as a member of cardschat. it has to do with the fact that i'm a 15 year member and have not accomplished anything significant with poker. i'm surrounded by so many great players that have accomplished great things and i am, to be honest, jealous of it.

it puts me in very negative mindset and leaves me wondering about ability as a player and my worth as a member on here because.

"Comparison is the thief of joy."

If you are enjoying yourself and are continuing to use poker as a skill building activity, then it shouldn't matter what anyone else is doing. :)

If poker has turned into a vice which doesn't provide any form of joy, it might be time to rethink why you are playing the game.

I'm making this statement assuming you do not rely on poker for your main source of income.

Keep on dancing!

J$

P

PB1981

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play more poker and keep your head to the other Players. With enough experience you will learn that

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
Perhaps my biggest weakness is the lack of focus to improve my playing style, I am a very restless and impatient person and I know I need to take a breath to focus again.

J

J0k3rWright

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest weakness is seeing too many flops once I have built up a stack

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Internet) Probably my biggest addiction. I used to be on the street all the time, and when I connect to the Internet, I spend most of my time at home on a PC

Djomla93

Djomla93

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I cant be fully concetrated all the time. When i play long tournaments after sequence of bad or good hands my concetration falls down and I make horible mistakes.

I

ilciuca

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest weakness is playing too much hands in bad position

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing - without having the story set.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I love this question, because on any given day I could give you a different answer!

Right now, I would say my greatest weakness is not giving enough credence to a players stats and not adjusting when they do something that should tell me I'm in a bad spot. For example, playing a tournament I had a player two to my left that had insanely nitty stats, something like VPIP: 10, PFR: 3, 3-bet: 2 over more than 500 hands. I'm thinking "great, I can steal this guys blinds all day long!". I get a few opportunities to steal the blinds which I duly do with any two cards and take them down.
A few orbits later I wake up with TT on the button. Effective stacks are ~50BB's. There's one limper in front so I raise to 4BB. SB folds and the super nit in the BB 3-Bets me to around 12BB's. The limper folds and I insta-call with my TT.
The flop is a beautiful 7-5-2 rainbow. Doesn't get better than that with TT, right? The nit bets on the small side, something like 8 or 9BB's and I thinking "Ha! You're trying to fight back against my stealing." I shove for about 40BB's, I have him covered by 3 or 4BB's. He snap calls and turns over AA. Board bricks out and I'm crippled.
Afterwards it was obvious how strong he was. He has pretty much the tightest stats I've ever seen and 3-Bets 1 in 50 times, or basically only when he has AA or KK. As soon as he 3-bet, I should have been folding quicker than I can say "I'm crushed" and got the hell out of the way.
Against someone with reasonable stats, I quite like my play and will often get called by a 7 or worse and will often get over cards and straight draws to fold, which I'm more than happy with.

Anyways...pay attention to stats, otherwise, what's the point in having them?

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My biggest weakness - I believe - is over believing players in early stages of events. I can not tell you the number of times I have folded the best hand on the turn/river - when ultimately, seeing the show down between two remaining players if I would have made the call with my marginal 2 pair, I would have won and chipped up strong.
I tend to believe players too much early.

My second weakness is middle pocket pairs. I often find myself lost on the turn with 55-99s. If there are 2 or more villains in the hand - and I do not have a set, I often fold and see I folded the best hand, or the river ends up giving me the nutted hand. Is that called sticktuitiveness? :)

Havik

Havik

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The way to improvement is the ability to recognize your own weaknesses, and work on them!

This is true in poker and in life.

So...let this thread be a way for you to focus your attention on your biggest weakness (right now) in your poker game. It could be a technical aspect of the game, or a struggle with balancing time/other commitments. Lets have an open discussion on our weaknesses. :)

Right now, I'd say my biggest weakness is playing a 15-20BB stack, mid to late in the MTT. I either play too tight, and allow myself to fold down to ~10BB where I feel more comfortable, or I play too aggressive and give away 5-10BB with weird steal attempts. This is the area of my game that I'd really like to focus on and improve.

How about you?

I disagree, I think you should recognize your strengths and work on them to completely dominate.

E

ev10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Weakness

My largest weakness atm is probably my C bet game, but I've been working on improving it!

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Paying off river when I just know I'm prolly beat. I can think of quite a few times I put I player on the nutz when I have 2nd nutz but I just cant seem to fold. I will tell my say he's got the nutz just told but I look at my hand and convince myself he cant have me beat. Then they show you the nutz how to get away from this?:confused:

sequoia

sequoia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i had couple bad beats in the tournament i start tilting and play too aggressive.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I disagree, I think you should recognize your strengths and work on them to completely dominate.

While I certainly agree on honing strengths to dominate a game, I'd advise keeping a close eye on weaknesses to prevent being exploitable. Also, weaknesses provide the greatest opportunity for improvement (you have so much more to gain).

I focus most on my weaknesses in poker and life, but I do not turn away from my strengths. I often turn to my strengths to help me overcome my weaknesses. :)

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My largest weakness atm is probably my C bet game, but I've been working on improving it!

You are probably betting too much (sizing), if I had to guess. :)

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Paying off river when I just know I'm prolly beat. I can think of quite a few times I put I player on the nutz when I have 2nd nutz but I just cant seem to fold. I will tell my say he's got the nutz just told but I look at my hand and convince myself he cant have me beat. Then they show you the nutz how to get away from this?:confused:

Coolers cannot be avoided. Most times even though you called and lost, the call was still the correct decision. Remember, poker is best played with a macro-perspective. This means you are not just playing 1 poker tournament and trying to win 1 poker tournament. You are trying to consistently make the correct decision that will work out the best in the long run. It's such a balance, it is challenging to put into words. The best you can do is alter your betting/pot control, so you are consistently extracting value out of your hands (when there is value to be had) with the lowest risk possible.

I hope this helps!

Loyal_Flush

Loyal_Flush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hard to control my aggression sometimes. Thats my biggest problem. That minimizing my profit and maximizing my leaks. Especially when i think the villain is bluffing.

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If you have a good read on the player and suspect that he/she has the nuts then check call should be your answer on the river...do not bet or 3 bet if you get this feeling because they'll put you all in or raise ridiculously and you'll have to call.