gloemcesar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CL
Chips
Hi there

You are just calling, this are rough players, maybe if you 3-bet preflop with AJoff its kind optimistic but can get trought and fold some worst hands or slow down utg+2 or check raise the flop with top pair and backdoor straight you get more information and look strong. of course if villains do big raising thats scary. but in the flop you have good equity and the river its another history. at equilibrium thinking gto he has TT+, AQoff+, 77+, ATs+. AJoff doesn´t look good but it could be a bluff.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
For me this would be a 3-bet or fold situation. Folding might seem tight, but he is opening from MP, and you are next to act with 4 more players left to act, who could each wake up with a hand. So if he was a tight or a particularly tough opponent, I would probably just let this one go. 3-betting can also be fine though. If you get 4-bet, its not like, AJ offsuit is a particularly tough fold. And if he call, you can try to take it away on the flop with a C-bet.

Flop
As played a standard call.

Turn
Now the situation already gets a bit dicy. AJ seems like such a pretty hand, but on a board like this, you are not beating anything, which is barreling for value. His worst offsuit AX is probably AJ, so same like yours, and if he has A2s-ATs he is not blasting on for value. So if you call now, you are clearly trying to catch a bluff, and you have put yourself in a situation, where your range is massively capped compared to his. He can have QQ-AA, AQ-AK, and you probably cant, because you just called preflop. So other than JTs and KQs AJ might be the best hand, you even have in your range. Which mean, that if you fold AJ, he can just bluff you to high heaven.

River
Now there is a 1-liner to a straight, but given what I just wrote above, I kind of think, you need to close your eyes and call him down. Is he still value betting two pair with that 1-liner out there? Thats certainly up for debate, and how often does he actually have a T in his hand? Probably not all that often, so I feel, this river bet could be a bit weighted towards bluffs, and that you should call in a 109$ tournament. If this was a micro tournament, my conclusion would be different, but from around 22$ and up you do see people find a lot more bluffs in situations like these. Like maybe he has A5 of hearts and decides to turn it into a bluff. But I would prefer to not be in this situation in the first place, and it could easily have been avoided by not cold calling preflop.

B

babikhatar

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop
For me this would be a 3-bet or fold situation. Folding might seem tight, but he is opening from MP, and you are next to act with 4 more players left to act, who could each wake up with a hand. So if he was a tight or a particularly tough opponent, I would probably just let this one go. 3-betting can also be fine though. If you get 4-bet, its not like, AJ offsuit is a particularly tough fold. And if he call, you can try to take it away on the flop with a C-bet.

Flop
As played a standard call.

Turn
Now the situation already gets a bit dicy. AJ seems like such a pretty hand, but on a board like this, you are not beating anything, which is barreling for value. His worst offsuit AX is probably AJ, so same like yours, and if he has A2s-ATs he is not blasting on for value. So if you call now, you are clearly trying to catch a bluff, and you have put yourself in a situation, where your range is massively capped compared to his. He can have QQ-AA, AQ-AK, and you probably cant, because you just called preflop. So other than JTs and KQs AJ might be the best hand, you even have in your range. Which mean, that if you fold AJ, he can just bluff you to high heaven.

River
Now there is a 1-liner to a straight, but given what I just wrote above, I kind of think, you need to close your eyes and call him down. Is he still value betting two pair with that 1-liner out there? Thats certainly up for debate, and how often does he actually have a T in his hand? Probably not all that often, so I feel, this river bet could be a bit weighted towards bluffs, and that you should call in a 109$ tournament. If this was a micro tournament, my conclusion would be different, but from around 22$ and up you do see people find a lot more bluffs in situations like these. Like maybe he has A5 of hearts and decides to turn it into a bluff. But I would prefer to not be in this situation in the first place, and it could easily have been avoided by not cold calling preflop.

Ty sir for advice
you right , we have too many bluff above 22$
i listen to your advise and i won 12000$ yesterday
look at two hands of yesterday , 20 remain player in 88$ turney
https://play.americascardroom.eu/on...7e5e37ecf0443bee0e8510b07ce7be4a77d16df199da9
https://play.americascardroom.eu/on...52710955f25d2bee0e8510b07ce7be4a77d16df199da9
what you think about this hands? do i play right ?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrations with the win. Thats a very nice "bink" and far more, than I have ever won in a single tournament. As for the hands maybe I will take a look at them later :)

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournoment : 109$ buy in
5hours tournoment

after 8 hours and 70 left this hand happend to me

what you think about my opponent range? is that bluff or value all in ?
i think he had AK AQ or 1010

what is your oponion ?
https://play.americascardroom.eu/on...e9a1103484628bee0e8510b07ce7be4a77d16df199da9

Difficult situation ... I would rule out pocket tens. On The turn would not have raise with them. J 10s (or A10) would be an understandable game ... Maybe even with flop drills...

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ty sir for advice
https://play.americascardroom.eu/on...7e5e37ecf0443bee0e8510b07ce7be4a77d16df199da9
https://play.americascardroom.eu/on...52710955f25d2bee0e8510b07ce7be4a77d16df199da9

You played nicely! And the opponents are ridiculous ... in hindsight I would have said that you should have call it with AJ too :)

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AJo is really trouble hand, easily can be dominated, and if you want to play it, only with 3bet you could avoid this difficult situation. I saw some good players folding AJo and AQo on this position( I wouldn’t, I’m not so good). With 3-bet you isolate players behind you, and if you get 4-bet it’s easy fold. Second chance for 3-bet is missed on the flop, with top pair and gutshot you have almost a monster hand. If he jams all in after 3-bet, it’s again fold. And as you played, on the river you had in your hands only bluff cacher. It’s 50/50, maybe he has it, maybe he doesn’t.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ty sir for advice

So from listening to 1 hand history analysis.... from ONE hand... you figured you were able to turn that newly acquired wealth of knowledge into a $12k payoff? That's awesome!
Can you imagine if you reviewed say 100 hand histories???

Looks like you were fortunate. If you're a fairly new player I'd think your playing tendencies might be throwing off some of the regs. (ie. the shove flop stuff &/or massive allin pre). Looks like you're just killing it though! WTG! Maybe a trip to the wsop? (+$50k now... fantastic!) < does this mean you are not interested in 'the password'?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands