What you do with AA?

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best answer to that question is it depends.

It depends on the tournament situation, it depends on how the players are doing at the table, it depends on their position, their image and many others it depends on kakaka

RVTR7777

RVTR7777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gl.

Hello friend, it depends a lot on the table that I usually put in my hand increasing 3x 4x sometimes I bet everything. AA is a difficult hand to play more to facilitate whenever you push and expect to hot another A gl.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A lot depends on your stack , opponents, position I will 95% raise but I have from early position limped and induced a shove from behind from an aggressive opponent who I knew most of the time would rip it in facing limps before him. Last thing you want is for that to backfire and end up going multi way with 4 opponents

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is ecstasy in its purest form, but if you also bet your rival it is comparable to touching the sky with your hands. BUT I have not received a pair of aces since October 1996, it was a rainy day I remember hahaha :(

Nicolasd07

Nicolasd07

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the amount of chips you have, but without a doubt having AA does not ensure you win, so try to take it easy and go up the steps until you see the flop;);)

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm trying to byte more players to open by minraise, but depends on flop start to agro by 40-50% of pot and if there is some backdore str of flsh just push. with my stats I loose 2 from 5 times with AA =)))

Min raise is a mistake and the GTO players have figured it out and adjusted because the game has adjusted. Min raising is now considered basically a limp and does not discourage players from playing a very big range against you. Most GTO players have adopted a 2.5 BB open while the people who haven't caught up to the more cutting edge theory are still plugging away with the min raise. Personally, I like to open to 3 BBs when I have a 50+ stack and 2.5 BBs when I have 15-49 BBs. But, you should be adjusting every part of your game, including your opening sizing and range, based on how the other players at the table are going to play against you. For instance. You open to 2.5 BBs with your under 50 BB stack and get 2 or 3 callers. Well, you know they all can't have premium hands, which is great because your hand should have a lot of equity...but, it is not profitable to play in a lot of multiway pots. So, you adjust by making larger opens...say you adjust it to 3, 3.5, 4.5 or whatever it takes to keep a lot of speculative hands out of the pot.

The same is true in reverse. If you have a table that is folding around to your 2.5 open, then you need to adjust down to the min raise (or open a crap load more hands until you start getting customers....this is what I prefer)

But always remember that you are playing your whole range in every position. If you are losing a lot with aces, then you are playing them poorly. If you can, post a few examples to that we can look at them and give you feedback.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally hate this hand. I have lost almost all of them when I get it. From 20/18 I have lost it.
My advise would be going all in so in that way you get more chances of winning with less players against you. But now what I do is nothing, just check it and call it and at the end decide what to do.

I always play AAs slowly, and always 90 percent of the time get burned. I need to learn to go all in. Dont like that cause you might not get players in the hand. But I sure have learned from now on I am going all in. I really need to learn how to lay them down once flop has come. Dont know why I dont like aces. But I dont learn I find myself losing so many times on cash table with AAs. I really dont know how to play them but for me I am all in.

Hello friend, it depends a lot on the table that I usually put in my hand increasing 3x 4x sometimes I bet everything. AA is a difficult hand to play more to facilitate whenever you push and expect to hot another A gl.

Jamming preflop is NOT how you play aces. Please see my above post on how you should play them. Do I win everytime with them, of course not, but I am not going to win everytime I jam with them either. If you want to get value out of your aces (or kings, queens, AKs, ect) then you must play them correctly. Yes, sometimes you are going to take a bad beat with them, but when you play them correctly and win, then you will get maximum value for them. Making yourself easy to play against will NOT get you maximum value for your premium hands. One final note: don't get married to your aces. When you are beat, get rid of them. I know it is hard, your looking at a KQT97 board that is four flushing in a suit you don't have and someone is jamming into you....do you really want to call just because you have aces??

E

emisalvo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to take it little by little, which is a goal and try to make the most of it !!

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jam :) haha basically it depends on a few factors ,like what type of tourney it is ,chip counts ,people styles at the table ,how deep you are in it etc

M

mottap14

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jamming preflop is NOT how you play aces. Please see my above post on how you should play them. Do I win everytime with them, of course not, but I am not going to win everytime I jam with them either. If you want to get value out of your aces (or kings, queens, AKs, ect) then you must play them correctly. Yes, sometimes you are going to take a bad beat with them, but when you play them correctly and win, then you will get maximum value for them. Making yourself easy to play against will NOT get you maximum value for your premium hands. One final note: don't get married to your aces. When you are beat, get rid of them. I know it is hard, your looking at a KQT97 board that is four flushing in a suit you don't have and someone is jamming into you....do you really want to call just because you have aces??

Hey bro, thanks a lot for the advise I think it makes totally sense. I will put it on practice when playing poker again. Hope getting some double aces. ♠️♥️♣️♦️:)

raul400368

raul400368

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I went all in many times and I lost some of them that hurt a lot. Now I see it, so they think I have a weak hand, and then hit it hard if there is no danger of color or ladder.

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi my friends. When i have poket AA. Hmm. Every time i play all-in.

Nirametal

Nirametal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. AA very insidious hand. I squeeze preflop and get postflop. Usually I take the bank at 70-80%.

lexyyxel

lexyyxel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make a big raise to eliminate the maximum of players to play heads up and if you get rainbow flop go all in else all in preflop but you may get them out all before flop.

Take care about tournament it depends ;)

M

Marcelobp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends the tournaments, position and opponents. But generally people play more tight to increase the chance to have a big pot. But sometimes you need to play more agressive to dont give the chance for bad hands win your AA

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends a lot on the situation, if it is pre-flop I just raise 3bb if I get tribulated I will forbid the villain or All-in depending on the number of chips I have.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on the stacks i have , but usually i raise and if i got re raise then i go all in

A

amniasti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello hmm with AA what i do i see first how is going game but mos of AA i go all in

S

Showbizin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ALL IN

All-in then start new tourney :D

In fact I make big raise / reraise to face minimum number of opponents on flop. I try to avoid all-in but sometimes it happens.

T

Taktik

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play in different positions in different ways, with UTG1 I can limp, katof or button raise.

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You should play AA the same as you would the rest of the hands in your range. So, if you are the first to enter the pot, then you should raise whatever amount you typically do (2.5-3 BBs). If there are limpers in front of you, then you want to make a pot sized bet. If there is a raise is front of you, then you want to make a pot-sized 3 bet.

If it makes it to the flop, then you want to bet the same as you would the rest of your range in that position IF the board favors your range. If you are in position, then most boards are going to favor you. The boards that you want to be leery of are boards that are connected or with a lot of medium cards. Make a good continuation bet and play from there.

Just jamming with AA or any other hand will make you really easy to play against. If you are only jamming your best hands and are folding or limping with the rest then you are

setting yourself up to be exploited. Your opponents will know to fold when you jam and to
3 bet or call and bluff the flop and/or turn on most boards because they know you don't have a premium hand. You want to keep your opponents guessing.

I agree 100% . I see this a lot. AA or KK? all in. everyone folds. You just get the blinds, when you could've got more. Isn't that the point of poker? winning maximum value? It is easy to spot the players with a pair, because the impatient will over bet or become to predictable, especially if you play with regular players.
My friend always goes all in with TT. Everyone knows she's got that hand, so I don't see why she does it. Just go over the top with AA....

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly most recently I have come to the conclusion that shoving preflop is the only way to play AA. This way the only hands that call you are AJ+ or pocket pair which is what AA plays best against. If you slow play them people catch up to you and then you overvalue them on a messy board and what should of been a win becomes a costly loss/ If you play all in preflop and no one calls at least you still won the pot instead of losing.

vajavava

vajavava

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I scare this cards !! I go to flop if don't come an ace and they go all in I fold easy !! :)