What would you do if you were me?

I

isportsec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First of all, English is not my primary language.
Understand any misusage or grammar error.

So I've played three tourney today and consecutively knocked out right before the ITM.

Let me know how you would play this hand. Would you fold it?
$500 ACR Freeroll Tourney
- 1st ~ 9th place shares the prize.
Situation:
I was the 7th places out of 10 players before knocked out by Pocket JJ.
I was dealt unsuited AK next to the big blind.
I went all in since I only have 7 BB left.
Every player except button folds.
Button called All-IN with pocket JJ
And I lost.

Similar situation happened to me two more times just today.
Knocked out 1K tourney right before then ITM

I would like to know if I played my hand wrong.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If this was a normal tournament, where the prices are different for first, second etc., then you need to open jam hands a lot worse than AK, when you only have 7BB left. If however the first 9 places paid equally, then this was a satellite, and then it really depends on the other stack sizes. 3 stacks were shorter than yours, and if they were so short, that they were likely to bust within the next orbit, maybe AK can be a fold, when you are first to act. If however they had just slightly less chips than you, then I would still jam AK and take my chances, rather than risk blinding away.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this was a normal tournament, where the prices are different for first, second etc., then you need to open jam hands a lot worse than AK, when you only have 7BB left. If however the first 9 places paid equally, then this was a satellite, and then it really depends on the other stack sizes. 3 stacks were shorter than yours, and if they were so short, that they were likely to bust within the next orbit, maybe AK can be a fold, when you are first to act. If however they had just slightly less chips than you, then I would still jam AK and take my chances, rather than risk blinding away.

I agree, except, if it is not a turbo, hyper turbo, I would fold it, as if I get it good, you were UTG, and probably the prizes are equally pays. Just yesterday i relegated 3 times from a 500 + reg sats, right before the ITM.... right now, when i am writing it, i just went allin with AK, called with K8o, and of course on the board there is a K and an 8..... ( 2 minutes later, I had AA, raise, i get 2 allins, one is KK, other one 53o....flop is goood,turn 3, river 3.... and it is going like this since a week....)
so from UTG, i would not risk it in that situation....

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think you played the hand correctly, however i would like to know if 1st place to 9th all have won the same price or not?, because if thats a satelite and for example the player who was in 10th place at that time had only 1 or 2 bb left then you could have folded the hand and waited for that player to bust in order to win the same amount of money as the other 8 players without taking any risk. if the tournament wasnt a satelite theres nothing to regret about the way you have played.

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
being normal game I would do the same, being satellite would have folded with my 7bbs

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is reasonable considering the entire picture. There is no reason to have not done that and they are good cards to win with.

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The hand is very difficult to play. A won hand pushes you out of the danger zone, and you have one of the strongest hole cards. My opinion is that in such situations you should see the flop and then possibly take action. AKo has 2/3 versus 1/3 in relation to the worst hole cards like 27o and 1/3 you must not ignore it at such an important moment in the tournament. You are supported by the fact that there are 3 players with fewer chips than you, and that there is more pressure on them. If you possibly checked, it is very possible that a player on the button position would play all in and then you are in a very difficult position again. It’s hard to fold AK before the flop, so I think that variant would end the same for you. If he played "softer" after your check, then we could already talk about the fold after an unfavorable flop.
I don't think you were wrong, although I would have played differently, but it would most likely have the same epilogue.
But after the battle it was easy to be a general, it was still bad luck mate.

D

DevaCat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's rather difficult to advise without other players' stack sizes, the number of players on the table (was it all 10 on one table, or two tables of 5?) or the precise payout structure (you say that 1st to 9th share the money, but not if that share is equal).

If it's an equal payout structure, and 10 handed, and you're 7th, then AKo UTG probably isn't good enough to shove, as a call by any pocket pair has you as a slight underdog and there are 9 players left to act, meaning there is a c.42% chance one of them holds a pocket pair. But this is all very dependent upon a lot of information we don't have- how loose the players behind you are; how competent they are (this is a situation which is all about ICM, and where competent players' styles tend to converge); how large their stacks are (if the BTN is 95bb deep, then he might call just to get this over with when he holds any pocket pair, thinking most of the time he's ahead of your range); how small the 8th, 9th, 10th placed villains' stacks are; whether or not there are antes. A lot of the time, this is pretty close.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
First of all, English is not my primary language.
Understand any misusage or grammar error.

So I've played three tourney today and consecutively knocked out right before the ITM.

Let me know how you would play this hand. Would you fold it?
$500 ACR Freeroll Tourney
- 1st ~ 9th place shares the prize.
Situation:
I was the 7th places out of 10 players before knocked out by Pocket JJ.
I was dealt unsuited AK next to the big blind.
I went all in since I only have 7 BB left.
Every player except button folds.
Button called All-IN with pocket JJ
And I lost.

Similar situation happened to me two more times just today.
Knocked out 1K tourney right before then ITM

I would like to know if I played my hand wrong.

It's a normal situation to double up, but you'll make next time:deal:

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It's s flip.. The argument is whether you want to try and squeek into ITM and secure min cash or try to double/triple up and go for the win... :dontknow:

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this situation, I think the main thing is how many chips the guys who were behind you had. If it was impossible to expect to win and the maximum goal was to get money, you had to look at the players in 8.9 and 10 places. If they are very short, you had to wait for one player to fly out and throw out all hands except kk-aa. QQ - i don't know, but maybe i wouldn't play them... because I see very, very many players who call with any ace or king against a very short pot and get a pair on the table...

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would do the same, but you need to understand that AK is not even a pair and in any case you need to win a coin, if you are not ready for this, then poker is not yours