What type of tournament would you play if you won a $1,000 ticket?

Comarata3456

Comarata3456

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure I would spend it in a tournament with rewards and not be much aware of the variance haha

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the style of your game. I prefer slow.

C

Chesapeake71

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournament type preferance

Given a choice, I would always play freezeouts with a short late reg period. I realize poker tournament structures are set up for various reasons with the goal of large fields and maximum profit for the organizers.

But, I am a recreational player and the main attraction for me is the competition. Buy in, show up on time and get the cards in the air!

akran75

akran75

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recently won 1100 mtt ticket party poker
otherwise I play micro MTT ---of
course I chose the option to play bounty MTT
if I knock out only one player I will have $ 250 no matter how I finish the tournament
simply !

I was lucky so I knocked out a few players, and entered in the money
out with $ 2500

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would try to play a satellite because I was already trained in that sense and I have very well nailed ideas in relation to satellites

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I will chose bounty tournament as the most of people who post here. In this case, you have a chance to get some money from KO before you enter to the prize pool. Actually PKO is the best format of tourneys for me personally.

P

Pokerbluffer123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play main events if i win those tickets

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So recently I won two tickets that for my current bankroll looks like 1k to me ($11 and $55) and I wonder what you type of tournament (bounty, freezeout, turbo, slow) or variant would you play if you had won a big ticket like that and you have any tips for these situations :D

Depends on what type of game you are most comfortable playing.

For myself I would rather get into a "freezout" if I had the choice. Usually when I play a rebuy or re-entry tourney I like to have at least 2 if not 3 bullets to buy back in with if needed.

Also for me while I like playing bounty games I do not do well in them, quite a few times I have gotten to the money with no KOs under my belt, so a bounty game would not be my first choice. But if your situation is different I agree with the comment above stating it gives you the opportunity to win some $$$ without getting to ITM in the tourney itself.

One thing I would suggest is watching some games at this level to try to get a feel for how the players typically play.

Regardless of what you choose have fun and best of luck!

Last edited:
makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Play the type of tournaments you use to play. You have more experience there and more possibilities to make a nice run!

Geoff445

Geoff445

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tight, vigilant and naturally smooth.

chippawa1234

chippawa1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've won multiple and it's just above my stacks and no confidence when I play them it sucks but try a bounty tournament so u have a chance at some winnings before making the money.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Satellites 100%/PKO tournaments but i would especially look for satellites where there was a cash place for non ticket winners - there business to be made here me hearties!!

Ar Ar Ar

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The easiest competition would probably be found in a regular format freezeout, not deepstack, no re-entry, etc.

M

Medina

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would need tickets like this too :)
I don't like turbo tournaments, it's too fast for me. Freezeout has a very low prize pool.
So I would try a Bounty and a traditional slow tournament.
Good luck

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would choose a tournament with a big guarantee, a slow tournament or a turbo tournament as a last resort, but not a bounty or a knockout.

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like freezeout tournaments with a slow structure more.

T

To6Po6

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I `ll play the same tourney as i did befor!

regata123

regata123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given this opportunity , I would play in an MTT tournament with increasing blinds every 30 minutes .

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slow with big gtd with the bigger ticket. Probably knockout with the other one.