What type of SNG or MTT do you play, and why?

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just wanted to make a thread to get an understanding of what SNG or MTT people play and for what reason. Wether it be the payouts, structure or just preference.

I myself find myself playing HU SNG/MTT to be my favorite purely as I believe my HU game is a lot stronger.

I've played a few Hyper HU SNG I like these alot but the varience is huge so you need a solid bankroll to manage with the swings.

I play a couple of bigger MTT's a week, for example I cashed in The Hot $11 on PS today I never seem to rum deep enough to get a decent cash.

bprpm

bprpm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Normally I play sits of 90 players, it's an easy sit to win money a lot of bad players, for example if u win u turn 50 cent into 11$.....
Tournaments I like one regular, turbo not my style... But currently playing a lot of freerolls....
And i'm trying to be better in the HU but playing with play money

T

Tosh_67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the 9 seat variety... I play quite tight so without much effort you can find the table greatly reduced without having to do too much, other players are quite happy to remove themselves although you can get a bit behind in chips but not too difficult to catch up with solid play and patience...

I am not a fan of HU cos it is obviously a lot more open and aggresive... basically I'm not strong in HU and I would probably be a losing player... 9 seat is my preference but I am happy to go MTT also

N

nygmen2007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love the hyper turbo's because it fits my style the best.. depending on the buy in want to keep it at 6 people.... I mean with variance I like to also play the plo8's those ones I aim for the full 9 for the variance and the ability to pick your spots and sit back until you make your move.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me,my choice is the regular format preferably deepstack cause i would have more time to think and and some room to maneuver.

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I defineltely prefer HU or turbos and would call myself a winning HU player.

Would love to tear my patience and progress in bigger field MTTs.

M

miley17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer the 9 seat MTT. Sit and Go's i dont play/
So .. i play in pokerstars, tournaments in that i enter in the paid places for exactly 90min! I love those tourneys. I have very small bankroll most of the times ( when i get bigger - i withdrawal) and i always be like ..10$ in my bankrool or less. I dont let myself having more, because i really like playing an i am greedy and.. u get it :D I really dont like playing high stakes MTT. I dont feel myself ready.

D

danntesvarna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbo with less than 2500 players.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i like to play mtt deep stack, the problem is sites like fulltilt has ridiculous late registration about more than 2 hours!! last time i played a mtt at fulltilt it tooked more than 6 hours to earn about 15 dollars.
s&g are fun but not profitable.

K

kizzy27

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer the deep stacks its slow so i have enough room to be patient, less donkeys, there's also a limit game once a day too which is great because if you make a mistake you don't lose the whole game, except today when i had pocket aces and had my blinkers on and didn't think. great games for learning or trying new things bacause theres room to move.

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play regular MTTs cuz the blinds are 10 min long and if i loose a lot of chips i can wait for good card and double up again also i love play freerolls cuz its free cash :D
Regular sit n go is also good cuz there is less players and for me that is very good cuz i cash almost every time

R

rlzaleski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm playing a lot of free rolls, but that's mostly because I've played a lot of cash in the past and am trying to figure them out. Other half of that is I can't add to my bankroll since I've tied my funds up in a few higher priority projects so I'm super protective of not going broke, and this has been good enough poker without risking anything.

The last few buy ins I've done I've looked at the spots paying to the number of entrants. But I'm not playing on a big site ATM.