What tournament speed do you like to play and why?

Glaucopone

Glaucopone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The day could have 48 hours

I prefer slower structures as I like playing deeper stacked longer, as opposed to shove-fold short stack strategy. I also prefer short late-entry/re-entry periods so the tournament doesn't drag on forever (waiting on early knockouts to re-enter).

Hi Freerollz,
It is the problem of humanity, the lack of time. The day could have 48 hours, so we could play our Poker with ease.

gl !!

NauGad

NauGad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

I really do not like turbo tournaments. It is wrong to fit the player with the decision. The speed of any tournament should be moderate, as in chess.

Glaucopone

Glaucopone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, Glaucopone! I also prefer, as You, the tournaments Sit&Go and tournaments with the turbo stucture,
because in these tournaments may more quickly to hit in the prize zone, and this means can more quickly move further
and grow up gradually and consistently by limits...:elefant::cool::)

Yes German! We can increase our bankroll for bigger tournaments and maybe one day be a poker millionaire.

How long have you been playing online? Can you play multiple tables at the same time?

As a German you must like football like me, here in brazil I am Corinthians and you? Do you know the Corinthians that won the Club World Cup against Chelsea?

gl !

Personally, I like to play slow tournaments, because they don't run out of chips very quickly, and they usually win by no luck luck

Hi Sheldon,
Hear this a lot here, which is not normal, you can be more strategic and have less luck as in Turbo and Hyper. So, I think Turbo can be applied as strategies, so think faster.
Curiosity, is your name Sheldon or is it a nickname inspired by Sheldo Cooper (The Big Bang Theory)?

gl !!

I like 7 minute blinds like Bounty Hunter tournaments has. It's the most comfortable blind increase times for me.

Hi Flattershay
Of the 50 posts here, you are the first one that mentions the Bounty Hunter, our would like to learn to play this style. I tried it 4 times and I didn't get along very well, I saw that it is different from an SNG.
Do you have any tips for me?

gl !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

zokiusa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

I like regular tournaments.Turbo is ok also but regular is regular.

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play regular. I enjoy turbo tournaments as well, but only if the stacks are deep.

AlexeiShok

AlexeiShok

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like to play tournaments at normal speed. I don’t know exactly why, but I don’t like turbo because everything happens very quickly. You don’t even have time to play 10 hands and in you last place in tournament:)

Pufik

Pufik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play slow 10minutes levels MTT most of the time, sometimes I add some turbo too

P

peterbsnyder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it matters how many blinds you have as your bankroll and how many players your up against, the more blinds I have the more hands I play

kkuk

kkuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hi.it is better to play when the blinds are long, for 10 minutes.in tournaments, this is important because a lot of weak players go all in and they are often lucky at short distances in turbo freerolls.and at a long distance, they fly out, the luck sooner or later turns away.)

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normal speed please, poker is hard enough as it is..

I am used to normal speed, NLH. Turbo is too much, to many things to worry about; stack, bet sizing.

If I want something different, Omaha normal speed is more to my liking.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not a huge fan of the 5 hour late registration 30 level tournaments but I understand that the guarantees warrant such structure. I prefer the 12 or 15 level 2 or 3 hour late registration. Blinds at 10-12 minutes are ideal. Not a huge fan of turbos unless they have a good size starting chip stack.

S

shellie111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
NZ
Chips
3 min blinds ...it speeds games up and stops people stalling taking for ever to make a decision …..

linaxmama

linaxmama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to play hyper turbo and regular, mainly zoom and with bounties

Glaucopone

Glaucopone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really like to play tournaments at normal speed. I don’t know exactly why, but I don’t like turbo because everything happens very quickly. You don’t even have time to play 10 hands and in you last place in tournament:)

I like it is not discussed, after many quality posts, I came to the conclusion that the regular is recognized as the most similar to live poker, and the turbo is for those who play multiple screens and are concerned with profiting a lot on the day or for those who don't have much time to play.

gl !

I am not a huge fan of the 5 hour late registration 30 level tournaments but I understand that the guarantees warrant such structure. I prefer the 12 or 15 level 2 or 3 hour late registration. Blinds at 10-12 minutes are ideal. Not a huge fan of turbos unless they have a good size starting chip stack.

Wow, 30 hours for me would be boring, I don't have much patience and I don't have time for so many hours of poker, even in two days.

gl !!

Last edited by a moderator:
MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
30 levels is not 30 hours it’s usually 10-12 minutes. But even so they have a tendency to seem long for sure. 30 hours would be brutal.

Max Diver

Max Diver

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regular or slow. 15 minutes blinds or more. I like to develop my game step by step and accumulate chips as it goes.

T

Tyler Finnimore

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer regular/slow to get more hands in but once in a while I do enjoy hyper turbos

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like slow MTTs...
The shorter the levels the more preflop bingo will take place.

I prefer games with a lot of postflop play. I think you hsve more
options to exploit bad players in slow games and you do not depend
on being lucky in push or fold situations so much