What tournament do you play to grow your banking?

schon1958

schon1958

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the mtt tournaments there are several normal elimination tournaments and the KOs, let's say we want to grow our bank which tournaments would you play the normal tournaments or the KO tournaments?

M

mollymaggie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the mtt tournaments there are several normal elimination tournaments and the KOs, let's say we want to grow our bank which tournaments would you play the normal tournaments or the KO tournaments?

If you want to grow your bankroll quickly forget about tournaments and play ring games but it's also the quickest way to lose it too. GL

F

Fjarri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many more people understand non-KO tournaments well than those who understand the intricacies of KO. This is simply because a KO tournament is specific, while non-KO tournaments are generic. If you specialize yourself in KO, you will have more of an edge on that field than if you specialize in non-KO.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many more people understand non-KO tournaments well than those who understand the intricacies of KO. This is simply because a KO tournament is specific, while non-KO tournaments are generic. If you specialize yourself in KO, you will have more of an edge on that field than if you specialize in non-KO.

On the flip side if you play many tournaments at the same time, it might be better to stick to those without bounties to keep your decisions more simple.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand up SNG is a quick way to win, but also a quick way to lose.

That is fair.

naydanazar

naydanazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

In tournaments with KO, the chance of getting a refund or part of the money for entering the tournament is greater than playing a simple tournament and not getting into the ITM:girlshit:

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash games are good for building a bankroll, and they have less dispersion:)

S

Sooted7s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play the 25 cent SNG on pokerstars. It helps me out and I am making the money / finale table pretty regualarly

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer freerolls. For me, this is the best option to increase my bankroll. But I also think that knockout tournaments are also a good option.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I want to increase my banckroll. the most important for me is to play against a reduced number of opponents. because it increases my chances of reaching my goal. for my part, I always appreciate knockouts because it is a format that adapts well to my aggressive playing style. when I have a chance to win my flips. this allows me to make my part profitable even before reaching the ITM places.

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play mtts you have to out last about 80-85 just to min cash. When you play bounty tourneys you do recover some of you buy in. But if you min cash with out a
bounty you don't even cover your buy in.
Depends on what you prefer. You might be better off with 180 player sit and goes or smaller. Mtts I play have 3000-10000 players. That's a lot to get through just to min cash.

MusterIsBack

MusterIsBack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its really depends on your Bankroll.
If you have -10$, Its better play tournaments with -0.10$ and good freerolls
If you have +10$ you can play in 0.10$ to 0.20$ tournaments.
You have to pay attention to the fact that the tournament can end up rolling your bank or raising it a lot.

L

lolshovaments

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KOs are fine. But always remember to mix MTTs with SNGs if you want to raise your bankroll. MTTs are not the best option if this is your main goal.

N

NicoVlopez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best thing you can do is play SnGs single table. Little variance, you get used to the players, and you set goals for yourself. You can then go to 2 tables, or climb in buy-in. For me and several friends are working.

Cheers

geitenkamper

geitenkamper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

the best for me is to play freeze outs tournaments.
15 minutes blinds, thoose are the tournaments where i can make some money.
The more hands i can see, the more chance i have to hit the final table in a MTT.

But do remember, thoose tournaments last for like 7 hours!

K/Os is not really my thing... :icon_rr:

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no formula - unfortunately, the tournaments that increase your bankroll really are the ones that break you because they are outside your bankroll. I'm a professional at breaking, go for me.

F

FergusDec

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on what your goals are in terms of value. Freerolls if you are talking small stakes, but if you are looking to not grind so hard, gotta go cash games.

There is no formula - unfortunately, the tournaments that increase your bankroll really are the ones that break you because they are outside your bankroll. I'm a professional at breaking, go for me.

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In mtt-tournaments there are several regular qualifying tournaments and knockouts, say, we want to increase our bank, in which tournaments will you play in regular tournaments or in KO tournaments?

I prefer to play poker knockout. I like him. Especially bounty. After all, if you knock out 5 people, then you have already justified your buy in

F

fourroses

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the normal tournement is better ,becausee the money you got when you come in the money is higher than in a ko tournements you winn only the same when you elimate some er other player and that is not so easy ,you must have early a higher stake than the other players

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For those who play poker regularly, I think it should be mandatory to play the sunday storm, every week, for $ 11 you can take a large sum of money, if you are lucky and make a final table.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For those who play poker regularly, I think it should be mandatory to play the sunday storm, every week, for $ 11 you can take a large sum of money, if you are lucky and make a final table.

You need a good bankroll for this, as it is once a week I believe at least $ 550.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most profitable tournaments for increasing bankroll are knockout tournaments. Because when you do a knockout, your bankroll immediately increases, and the players in these tournaments play more loose and we can use it to play more tightly.

MusterIsBack

MusterIsBack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have a lot of free time during the day Daily Special mtt is a good options for you. also some poker App like ACR has a fantastic tournament like 0.28$ for 1000$.