muzenza2012

muzenza2012

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
we all know that winning a tournament is not easy, but in your opinion, what is the difficulty found in freerolls and what is the minimum buy-in value for a tournament to become less adventurous?

S

sumdumguy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls tend to be crazy, I've seen and experienced how they win and beat me with marginal cards against a premium one.

The pokerstars freerolls by phase are extremely vague for experienced players, while in Cash games
SnG and MTT with a ticket of 5 to 20$ you will find players with a little experience.

If you want to have fun, learning freerolls are good even to start a bankroll, but if you can start with a $1 SnG and MTT or regular tables, 0.02/0.04, that would be my best option for you.

Of course, this is my proposal, you decide which destination or game to play.

I wish you luck buddy.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It really depends on what you call "less adventurous".

Naturally Freerolls are full of wild players that either don't know how to play, or are simply looking to have fun playing a hobby that doesn't cost them anything. As you move up the stakes, two things happen; the guys that don't know how to play disappear and the player pool is reduced. So that means that although you start closer to first place in terms of how many players you need to outlast, the average ability of the player pool has increased meaning that it is harder to beat those players.

Structure is also important; typically if you are better than the average player, you want to player a slower structure, where skill becomes the dominant factor more quickly, whereas turbos and super turbos means luck plays a much bigger factor in the short term.