What percentage of your tournaments are ITM?

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone in the community I am new so I do this post to compare myself and know how much I have to improve in my game. A simple question for the whole community of all the tournaments that you play in the month in which percentage succeed, I mean get to be in the money or win it. Thanks for your answer is to be able to make a comparison with my skills, but if I ask this question I must say after having calculated it in the month I play about 60 or more tournaments my percentage of being in the money is 10% I do not know if is poor or is good I hope for your answers and tips thanks. Greetings

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Greetings to you in our community.
Usually I only play freerolls, about 10-15 tournaments per week. My statistics show that from 10-15 tournaments, only in one or two, I manage to get a monetary reward. In my opinion, this is a bad result, so every day I try to improve my skills.

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If we talk only about CardsChat tournaments, then in November I received prize money 12 times, out of about 30 played tournaments. I do not know if this can be considered a good result ...

In total, I play about 100 tournaments a week. These are mostly freerolls, satellites, or tournaments for which I have a ticket.

Last edited:
vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, I'm glad to see you in the community, I play not so many tournaments during the week, only freerolls in the evenings, and on weekends I play a lot of tournaments with different buy-ins and sometimes I manage to win somewhere in tournaments, but I think that This is not enough for me and I need to play more freerolls and tournaments in order to gain more experience in the game and win more money!

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
The 10% is a very good percentage at least for beginning. Patience is what you need for the continuity. Patience, experience, maths and wise moves. Add to these and the factor of luck and keep playing!

Jazzu1988

Jazzu1988

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
FreeRolls till 100$ prize pool i get money 1 in 20 or even worse because usually i have all in Donkeys around and i play pretty same with them.

When it comes for some decant tournaments i would say 1 or 2 out of 10 i manage to get money back at least as i like to play Knockouts and there i manage to knock people out to get my money back even if i don't hit the final table. So i would say 10% is very good start and keep learning and patience...

p.s. Also can give you tip to find some good odd tournaments where you can easy get in money - some sat tournaments where is added more cash and people cant make the times... thats how i made my first 1k :) took me 3 months and i took nice vacation after hard work in between studies. :)
Good Luck.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that (ITM - which means getting into the prize zone) should be slightly higher than 10% !!! for players of SNG and MTT tournaments the main indicator of success is ROI - this is an indicator that allows you to evaluate the profitability of your game !!! if it is simpler to say that if you do not have final tables, then you will have small winnings even with high ITM !!!

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think 10% is a more aggressive and slightly lower profile compared to regular players that are around 15%. However, you have to analyze how profitable you are each month to better analyze your performance. That's what a good manager does.

CadoARAJ

CadoARAJ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with 0546474, in payed tourneys, my ITM usually to be 25%, but my ROI is in red this year in about 30%, because the sites counts one buy in of US$ 55,00 that I received from a satellite tourney with a ticket of DDOS atacks at PS.
For payed tourneys I recomend that you use the following sites:
- official poker rankings [this is good and show you at a global ranking, giving you your position, but does not include freerolls and even the bounty/ko that you receive in this tourneys, only count the part of the prize for position, excluding bounties]

- sharkscope [this includes the part of ko/bounties and freerolls with more than 1.000 players - CC freerolls are excluded when there are less tahn 1.000 players].

I monitorate my accolades of payed tourneys in this sites and try to mantain my position with a positive ROI.

To CC and other freerolls that I weekly play, I use a excell document and monitorate the percentage of growth of my bankroll and my positions in the freerolls, especially from CC freerroll.
In november:
I played: 59 freerolls
ITM in: 20 [33,89% ITM]
FT in: 8 [13,56% at final table]

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm in the money in 19% of the tournaments I played that don't include freerolls or satelites. Also, this excludes occasional spin&gos and hyper KO tournaments that I like to play sometimes. However, my sample size is still quite small for this to be taken as accurate.

If you check the www.officialpokerrankings.com and search for popular online tournament streamers, you will see that their % of ITM is always below 20%

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
overall I get 20 to 30 percent in itm if you count tournaments, but if you count sit n go much more than that

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
on CardsChat, for example I get to classify once a week or two if I'm lucky.I think I could do better if I just play just to pass the bubble but I always try to me go as far as possible from the final table which penalizes me the plupard of the time for the paying places.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ITM

Never really tracked a weeks play to get a weeks worth of data. do know yesterday I played in 10 freerolls and was in the $$$ twice =20% Over all I would say that was a good day ending up 2nd n one and 15th in the other. prob a more realistic stat would be closer to
10 %

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ITM isn't as important as ROI. It's possible to have a good ITM, but still have a negative ROI overall.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
According to the sharkscope,
On pokerstars my ITM% is 29.5% with 24% in the Top 10% of field.

On 888poker my ITM% is 33.5% with 16% in the Top 10% of field.

Ive played about 200 games on each, mostly freerolls with large fields. It is a relatively small sample, and I think I have improved significantly since I started aswell.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
According to the sharkscope,
On pokerstars my ITM% is 29.5% with 24% in the Top 10% of field.

On 888poker my ITM% is 33.5% with 16% in the Top 10% of field.

Ive played about 200 games on each, mostly freerolls with large fields. It is a relatively small sample, and I think I have improved significantly since I started aswell.

Ok thanks for the percentages of sharkscope, I really did not know them and I want to thank also all those who have answered in this post, the conclusion that I can get is that I need to improve a lot in my game to be in the regular limits and to be able to have gains as the average of the players obtains, thanks again I really appreciate your answers since it allowed me to know my status in poker

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would never disclose this information personally as i chose to hide my stats a long time ago, this way i maintain privacy and does not give information to my opponent, that said - i could make up any old rubbish statistic on here and who would know any different?
I like the fact also that by doing so, it hangs a questions mark over my head - is he any good or does he hide his stats because they are so poor? ;)
Anyone who has played me over the past 6 months on CC already knows that answer lol.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never disclose this information personally as i chose to hide my stats a long time ago, this way i maintain privacy and does not give information to my opponent, that said - i could make up any old rubbish statistic on here and who would know any different?
I like the fact also that by doing so, it hangs a questions mark over my head - is he any good or does he hide his stats because they are so poor? ;)
Anyone who has played me over the past 6 months on CC already knows that answer lol.
Hi, I understand perfectly what you mean but my intention was not to hide statistics or try to get some advantage over my opponents, I just wanted to know how much I had to improve, but I appreciate your answer as it gives me the opportunity to clarify that only I tried to establish comparisons to see my status in poker just that, thanks

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full tracking on OPR says i have 17% ITM from 2010 to now

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
41%, but that's due to SNGs ST that I play a lot.

M

megabrobro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've just started playing again. (Been playing for many years but had a very long break). I've been very unlucky IMO and fialed to cash on many MTT even after holding a chip lead at the point when the Late Registrations period ends.

I've cashed on about 10% of the touneys (with over 1000+ entrants) but still not managed to finish on the final table money. This has resulted in minus ROI for me right now but I am still hoping I can turn it around with one nice final table finish.

Been playing $3.30 and $7 MTT on Pokerstars (occasionally you'll find me in $11 MTT but sadly have played horribly on those tounreys)

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I play more than 50 weekly tournaments, most are freerolls, from time to time paying the entrance, I have had weeks where I do itm in 60% of the tournaments other weeks I do not do very well I do not manage to stay there even once, but I usually think that I do 20% itm and maybe I do not get very far as I would like, there are things in my game where I have to improve and others correct