L

legend309

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
What percentage of tournaments dies a good poker player win outright. Also what percentage of tournaments does a good player place in the top 3?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
What percentage of tournaments dies a good poker player win outright. Also what percentage of tournaments does a good player place in the top 3?
That is a very specific question but there is no specific answer.
A better question would be what is the ROI% of a good player?

Being a good player does not guarantee that one finds himself at the final table. Variance is a huge factor in MTTs.

Tournaments with a small buy-in usually add up to thousands of players. Even a good player has only a small chance to fight his way to the top in that situation. In a small field the effect of variance is lighter. However, small fields usually mean higher buy-ins and more skilled opponents.

Learn more about variance...

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my opinion, it depends on how many tournaments he participates in, what type, amounts involved and number of participants

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
20-25%
I think that such a percentage is what we should strive for. But of course, it is also necessary to take into account the type and structure of tournaments.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That obviously depends on the field size. If its heads-up SnGs, then a good player should win 51-55% depending how good the opponents are. If its 9-man SnG maybe 1 in 7-8. If its MTTs with 1.000 participants, maybe 1 in 700-800. The last number is essentially impossible to calculate, because with MTTs everybody will be playing in different field sizes. And this is why, most people focus on their ROI instead.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
out of 10 games you should be in the money in 7 games

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that its depends of the tournaments that you play. In my opinion 30% is a good number 🙂

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I'm going to give you a one-page article and read it if you're interested.
For example, Phil Hellmuth had so far won 15 MTT bracelets with 164 ITM in MTT and we are going to assume that as a great player he is, without a doubt, he entered the 250 MTT.
If that were the case, he would win 6% of the tournaments he played and cashed out 64% of the tournaments he played.
And we're talking about one of the best players of all time and the one who won the most tournaments in the wsop.
There are very good players who never win a WSOP.
If they win lower-level tournaments that are still important tournaments,
So my friend, this is a very difficult question to answer.
I believe that Pro players should keep their statistics, but I think they should vary a lot in all cases.
Cheers;););)

https://codigopoker.com/wsop/estos-...p#:~:text=Sin dudas, al hablar de,un total de %US%2415.050.