Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi,

From 150 bankroll which type of tourneys you reccomend?
I thing it would OK to play $1.10 tournaments with this about of lower. I would also say play smaller size games if possible. while approx 150 buy in a a good start backroll, if your playing in tournements with say 3000 players you musch more likly to go broke, If you pick tournaments that are smaller sizes "say 300 Players" you will have a better chance of to going broke as easily.

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like luvepoker wrote, smaller player pool ones are good and pick ones with deep stacks and a slow blind structure. Deep stack and slow blind structure means that variance and luck will be less of a factor. Avoid bounty hunter mtts, those can be really chaotic... CC has a great course for free, if you need to improve your basic and advanced fundamentals for smaller player tournaments/sit and goes. Good luck mate! (y)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a bankroll of 150$ I would mainly be looking to play SnGs to get more volume and lower variance. On pokerstars or partypoker I would play 2$ games and on ACR 1,5$ (+ rake) games. Playing 1,1$ MTTs is also ok, and I would not mind taking some "shots" at 2,2$ MTTs as well, especially some with smaller fields. 2,2$ MTTs is a bit aggressive with 150$, but its almost impossible to put together a reasonable MTT session, if you can only play 1,1$ games or lower, and playing only SnGs can get a bit boring.

Also games at this level are soft, so its not to difficult to build the bankroll up again, should you lose a bit. Or even top it up by making a new deposit. So I dont recommend being a bankroll nit with a bankroll this small. I started a bankroll challenge on PokerStars last year (still not completed), and you can find more inspiration for game selection and other topics in the early part of this thread.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think it depends on what you are trying to achieve, If it is just a bigger bankroll, then Sit and Goes might be the best route for a slow steady increase, keeping with low stakes until you double your BR.
MTTs are always time consuming, and what you need to remember is that the number of players involved always increase the odds against you winning, so keep the buy-ins low until you have that one big win, before you move up to higher buy-ins.
I trebled my $200.00 BR. on Pokerstars by playing $1.00 single table Bounty hunter games, the prize pool was lower than a normal SnG , but the Bounties soon add up.
Stick to a rigid Bankroll Management Strategy and you won't go too far wrong!

Good Luck.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
With 150$ you can play the 1,10 buy in tournaments, or around the 1$ buy in. You can also try and the tournaments around the 2$, but with bigger risks.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try 3 -5 USD tournaments...