What is the most dangerous hand in poker?

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Legend has it that its 2 pair Aces and Eights.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely JJ, you never know how to play it, you raise and you get Qs on the flop or Aces or Kings, well, something always has to happen when you hit JJ. It's a real headache, lol.

S

StreetPhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
small pairs...
Any small pair can be dangerous when two people get trips.
For my experiences I have called a raise one two many times when holding small pocket pairs.

DIMARIK

DIMARIK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
72o is the worst hand in poker, I have never won with it.
I play it on purpose every time, but it doesn't work.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
72o is the worst hand in poker, I have never won with it.
I play it on purpose every time, but it doesn't work.
Well its not dangerous, you just supposed to fold it right away)
But with other hands they are kind of poisoned, making you feel like you the winner, get attached to it, and not realizing that board spell big trouble for you and losing whole your stack.
One of such hands is certainly JJ. Or any big pair for that matter. JJ is just the lowest of premium pocket pairs.

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would say KK because if a couple of other players are sitting there with ACE and a crap card, all they have to do is hook one more ace and you are toast

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AK.
Villain shoves you call
70% of the time you are flippin
If you call 3 times in a tournament you have 50% 3 times (it means, if you flip 3 times, you have 12.5% chance to win the 3 flips) to be knocked out (ofcourse sometimes you face some AQ)

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it a pocket pair is bad because i will usually call up to whatever just to see the flop. Im crazy and I call dumb stuff too jus to hit . I loss wit AAs the other night,it happens every now then tho. Good luck and crush it on the tables.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First thing that came to mind was JJ. But TT and 99 are pretty dangerous too.

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AQ​

Too strong to fold... to many outs...

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I, in most plays, win with QT or J9. are my pre-flop all-in attempts.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AQ. This hand has broken many hearts. Like most of the hands on this list, she tends to win small pots and lose big ones. The problem is that if you go all-in with this hand, either preflop or catch top pair on the flop, and get called, then you are probably up against AK or even better. Nobody will call you with AJ or a hand weaker. Therefore, you will take a small pot when your opponent is weaker, or you will find yourself in a situation where you are saved by only three outs, and your opponent has a monster.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My apologies! Everything works, Apparently I had a technical problem with the computer. Thank you.

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A little quiz for y'all:
What is the most dangerous hand in poker, especially no limit hold em?

You will find a clue in one of my recent posts.

Good day!
Dangerous for whom? For opponents, of course, aces :D
I myself most often fly out of the tournament ... with kings :rolleyes:

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A little quiz for y'all:
What is the most dangerous hand in poker, especially no limit hold em?

You will find a clue in one of my recent posts.
9 ♥ 9 ♦ (pair of nines)

So close to a premium pair, yet so far away. If the betting occurs preflop, then the odds are 2 to 1 that you are up against top pair, not AK (because there are 16 options for making AK and 30 for a pair of tens or better).
It is also quite difficult to play them postflop, because very often the overcard comes on the flop.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Second nuts when the villain has the nuts I think is the most dangerous hand.

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An overplayed hand is the most dangerous hand. Getting married to AK on a board that reads A7T98 with 3 to a flush and facing a raise on the river is disaster!

Every hand can be dangerous, every hand be profitable - its all in how you play it post flop. Pot control when you need to, build the pot for value when you should, and make good disciplined folds when the moment calls for it.

People get themselves into trouble all the time with marginal hands in multiway pots - I see it everytime I play and they never make the necessary adjustments to stop the bleeding. How many times have you all seen someone stack off with AA on the worse possible board ever? It's because players hate folding such a strong hand - but a single pair on a very dynamic board is marginal at best. It's all in how you play post flop.

So the answer to your question is "any hand you choose to play" - its just up to us as players to make sure we play our holdings well post flop.

psycodelic1

psycodelic1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just 1 hand JJ the worst wan loses 90% of the times

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that the most dangerous hand is QQ, here you can also add TT and JJ, but these hands still have the willpower to reset, but it is very difficult to reset QQ on the preflop, I would say that this is impossible, personally I do not remember such a hand that I dropped a pocket pair of QQ on the preflop.

F

Foolsrushin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Aces

Most wont agree with me but its pocket aces in my opinion is the most dangerous hand. Many players have aces and will blindly bet and call all the way for 100 or more big blinds. All they see is they have aces and dont see anything else. Not the possible straights or flushes and dont worry about the bad beats that are hidden like sets. Great players can fold ace on the flop when they are beat. Most cant.

I agree aces are dangerous and many players can never get away from them. When I get them I try to get as much money in preflop as possible, and force out as many opponents as I can. Lots of times in a tighter game everyone folds to a big raise, but imo it's far better to win a small pot than to see a flop 5 handed with aces and not know where you stand. I like to be 2 or 3 handed and cause maximum pain for drawing hands on the flop and turn, preferably after they called a big raise preflop. You can still lose alot, but this way takes advantage of ppl who dont play too well/ overplay draws, and hopefully there are some ppl like this in your game

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2nd nuts is the most dangerous hand.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands