What is the most dangerous hand in poker?

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
A little quiz for y'all:
What is the most dangerous hand in poker, especially no limit hold em?

You will find a clue in one of my recent posts.

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
43 suited maybe. If the flop comes 5 6 7 and you have the straight, your opponent could have the better staight with 98. If you flop the flush or receive it on the turn, a higher flush is possible. With small suited connectors I have often lost to the better straight or the better flush, and you don't hit very often with them or you almost always have the bottom pair when you hit. :eek:

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most dangerous hand is 72 with it you will gain confidence and peace and go home).

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Middle pairs like TT, 99, JJ. Often loose vs Ax, Kx, Qx and suited connectors, when you can't fold it on dangerous flop.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that any pocket pair other than AA, which is good even without a set, is dangerous. She often gets the third card on the flop and you see no threat.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hands like queens, jacks, tens, a10, aj, or even aq and ak can be dangerous to play because while they are very strong preflop hands they can also be dominated by even stronger hands and if that happens it will be very hard for you to avoid losing a big part or even all of your stack.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is why this game is beautiful that any card has at least some equity, therefore, it is played not only by professionals but also by amateurs

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You're all wrong! An unraised big blind, although if you check out the relevant thread, you'll see it didn't do me much good last night.

M

Mahereid

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It should be middle pairs 99 TT JJ. Good enough to raise preflop, but if you miss the flop you will most likely lose the value. if a Q show up on the flop you're in real danger. It is easier to let got of low pairs preflop.

deputat777

deputat777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I have JJ constantly playing)

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AQ, AJ, AT or something like A2s can easily become a headache hand. If an ace comes on the flop, you can quickly run into a kicker problem. Even JJ are often difficult to play. Because you can't play JJ like small pocket pairs. Hoping for a drilling and folding when nobody comes on the flop is not an option with JJ. Of course if two overcards come on the flop you are often beaten with JJ, especially if an opponent is also doing some action. But even if there is no overcard on the flop, there are a lot of cards that you don't want to see on the turn. You often need to protect your hand and play aggressively, but it is just likely that you will be overtaken.

shim36

shim36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the stronger the hand, the more you have to be careful.
It's easy to make the mistake of thinking you have the upper hand.

Jason Bralli

Jason Bralli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the most dangerous hand is "AK", you have the impression of strength and you've won, if you don't hit one on the flop, any pocket pair is winning!

ps: i just saw a guy who jammed the whole stack in the first hand of the tournament and dropped to a 22!

ps 02: JJ is dangerous too!

GL

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree 100%. I've lost more money by far with that hand than any other.
Yeah. Its like they say - AA KK are those hands that you win alot of small pots with, and lose a ton of big ones.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it has great potential in pocket pairs. (88-KK)
But Easy to fall huge with them.

F

fourroses

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the most dangerous hand is Ak ,I loose 8 times from 10

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Most wont agree with me but its pocket aces in my opinion is the most dangerous hand. Many players have aces and will blindly bet and call all the way for 100 or more big blinds. All they see is they have aces and dont see anything else. Not the possible straights or flushes and dont worry about the bad beats that are hidden like sets. Great players can fold ace on the flop when they are beat. Most cant.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ can be pretty dangerous, but same with other big pairs. And this statement can be extended if anyone has a different opinion.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands