What kind of tournaments do you hate most?

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
For me KO tournaments, people are nuts and they can play any sort of hands just to get the bounty. I hate KO and nothing will change my mind about it.

C

CSLysander

Rock Star
Total posts
My most hated is rebuy satellites with a really small or freeroll buy-in. I was on a site that has a decent reputation. The satellite was freeroll with like 11 cent rebuy. Dude got beat playing normal and lost all his chips. He then came back and went all in every single time. He would just keep coming back if he was beaten. I counted 15 or 16 of this. I had really good cards a couple of times and chipped up, but it was so relentless that it ended with me getting knocked out. This was after almost an hour of this. So, this is my most hated, as someone who goes full tilt can ruin people's day. The only reason I matched against him was that I did not want to go out because of antes or blinds.

D

DavPerz

Rock Star
Total posts
I'm not a big fan of tournaments that have hyper-turbo blinds. I like being able to play the game of poker rather than rely on coin tosses and aggressive play.

papapokera85

papapokera85

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
RU
Hey. Most of all I do not like Omaha tournaments. I love almost everything in hold'em. And I do not like one on one!

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
My most hated is rebuy satellites with a really small or freeroll buy-in. I was on a site that has a decent reputation. The satellite was freeroll with like 11 cent rebuy. Dude got beat playing normal and lost all his chips. He then came back and went all in every single time. He would just keep coming back if he was beaten. I counted 15 or 16 of this. I had really good cards a couple of times and chipped up, but it was so relentless that it ended with me getting knocked out. This was after almost an hour of this. So, this is my most hated, as someone who goes full tilt can ruin people's day. The only reason I matched against him was that I did not want to go out because of antes or blinds.
Let me guess, 888 or ACR, is it:D

Hey.Most of all I do not like Omaha tournaments.I love almost everything in hold'em.And I do not like one on one!
Heads up is the soul of poker, how would u win a tournament or a cash game if you detest headsups ?:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Total posts
Awards
I also don't like this format. People play crazy. :)

Takoyaki

Takoyaki

Rock Star
Total posts
I don't hate, but I avoid to play all hyper tournaments. I prefer tournaments with a good structure that you can actually play instead of think if you should shove or fold. So, basically I play hyper tournaments only if I win a ticket and never if I have to pay.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
I don't hate, but I avoid to play all hyper tournaments. I prefer tournaments with a good structure that you can actually play instead of think if you should shove or fold. So, basically I play hyper tournaments only if I win a ticket and never if I have to pay.
Smart enough, I love freezeouts

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
For me KO tournaments, people are nuts and they can play any sort of hands just to get the bounty. I hate KO and nothing will change my mind about it.

I don't like the zoom, they go so fast that sometimes you immediately lose the stack

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Total posts
The hyper turbos tournaments at the 6 max tables, the players play very loose and crazy about the structure of the tournament and you cannot develop a good strategy since most of the players play you all-in

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Total posts
Awards
UA

Hi.
I do not have such tournaments. There are tournaments that I do not like and that is why I do not play them. Basically, I do not like hyper tournaments and I do not like spin and go tournaments.
Good luck.

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Total posts
Dont like zoom tournaments. Fold and move table. I prefer to see how hands play out.

G

gichka97

Visionary
Total posts
Awards

I can say KO, too, especially when there is a person with a very little stack and put his all chips all-in and you have not so bad hand and 3-4 people went all-in before you, just want to risk all their chips for the prize of elimination of the person.:D

Another one are these tournaments with 15 minutes of blinds and big starting stack. I have a feeling that they must continue 1 day, I do not have nerves to play without break 1 day and lost my concentration a lot.

4kingwildo

4kingwildo

Rock Star
Total posts
depositors freeroll at 888. they look like usual freerolls, with tons of peoples and ghost chances.

C

Comboss599

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
I am starting to hate CC tournament. For a long time i play every hand i play, nothing match to my hand. It's frustrating me. I think i would do some little brake from CC tournament. Maybe this'll help.

77ecos

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
Those who have a long registration period, I am very patient but I feel that those tournaments take me out of my game and somehow I play badly:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

Risto234

Risto234

walking encyclopedia
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Hate? Probably whatever freeroll which lasts 4 (or more) hours. Oh wait.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
hi hi!!! :ciao:
for me worst tournies are the ones with super late register & ones with unlimited re-entries

blond.jpg

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
A tournament has more than 120 minutes of late register is the worst tournament for me.

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Total posts
Freerolls with 3000+ entrants and 50$ prizepool.

N

nickpaizis

Enthusiast
Total posts
The ones that in first round they are all in ....

M

Mickey Run

Rising Star
Total posts

I totally agree with you. KO games attract players, that are trying to get you all in to get the bounty by all means. Therefore I avoid this kind of game most of the time.