What is the ideal percentage of hands to play in a tournament?

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What would be an ideal percentage of hands played in a tournament and which hands you would play in a certain position
Hi.
The question is so voluminous that it is quite difficult to answer. In short, the percentage of hands for each player will be different depending on his strategy, while of course you need to take into account the format of the tournament and its structure.
Good luck.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there are many situations, so there are many factors that will drive my open raise percentage, so what I can tell you is that it depends on the situation, for example: if it's only two tables and I have more chips than the other players on the button I'm going to open 75% to 85% of the range to prey on low stacks, another example: at the beginning of a UTG tournament I'm going to open 15% of the range depending on the field.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
the percentage of hands played by the player is different all players play differently someone aggressively he will play more hands someone passive he will play fewer hands from early positions you will play fewer hands with late and medium you will play a little more

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
The percentage of hands played by a player can vary regardless of his strategy. It may be that he will be dealt weak cards for most of the tournament, so he will fold a lot and have a very low hand percentage.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
There are too many factors to really say what would be ideal. Depending of type of tournament you're playing, players at the tables your and structure of the tournament would all change the best strategy you would want to use and hand you will play.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
What would be an ideal percentage of hands played in a tournament and which hands you would play in a certain position
Hi, I think that depends of the position, strength of your hand, study of your oponnents, and the strategy that you pretend to use. And you should be learn more strategies and you will apply in you game.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A basic guideline would be about 25% of all hands dealt with 18-20% raises not flats so only 5% of hands just calls- all the others are correct however that there are many many factors that will effect that number- If you have HUD stats and you can look at your stats for all your tournies and you are playing far more (35%+) with little raising that is a very bad leak in your game. Being too tight is also a leak -it will help us cash but not run deep often enough to get the best results

:unsure::geek:

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The percentage of hands played depends on what cards will be dealt to the player, so it all depends on the issuance of cards and the player himself

spunka

spunka

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others say the norm is between 20 - 30%, you will play more hands in later than in early position, you wil play stronger hands in early position than in later position, of course it change if you have less than 9 players at the table and if it is some kind of turbo play.

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
For me personally, it all depends on how I get on the boards in each particular tournament. If I hit often, I play wider, if not, I play tighter.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It depends.. all about position, other player ranges and the cards.

Pabloro10321

Pabloro10321

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It's very difficult to say a percentage, but I do think that most of it has to be less than 30%, if you play 1 out of 3 hands I think you pay too much to see.

jonasz warzecha

jonasz warzecha

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Play every one
Can’t miss them all

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Imo we need to think in terms of ranges.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
25 - 35 % seems reasonable as one needs to tighten during bubble and play wide heads up.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands