What I think about Bankroll Management

guerigueri

guerigueri

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In recent days, and although I am already familiar with the concepts behind banking management theory, I have come to realize much more about the importance of good banking management. As in everything in life, one thing is knowing and another thing is applying. We can be the "masters" of theory, this alone will not make us better in practical terms. For those who do not know what banking management is, here is a brief summary:Bank management is how we manage our banking value in the face of the inevitable variance by which all players pass, ie in what limits should we play that allows us to recover from one or two days of losses? And please, do not be one of those who thinks, "If I'm a good player, I will not be a victim of variance." Even the professionals suffer sessions that simply nothing goes well, and was a correct banking management that allowed them to reach the level they are today.So assuming you understand the importance of banking management, how to apply? In NL2, if we follow the "standard" rule of 20 buy-ins as recommended by most international players, and a buy-in is $ 2, we should start with at least $ 40 to play NL2 in the cashgame slope, for Sits the limits are other).There are more conservative approaches (30 buy-ins of a certain limit) and definitely the way to approach banking management depends a lot on the type of player we are. Personally I prefer a half-term approach, that is, not completely conservative but not too risky, and I currently follow the rule of 25 buy-ins (or so I intend, because I feel confident with my game). Where do I want to go with this? I believe that, just like me, many online poker players know perfectly what limits they should respect, but that does not mean that they follow them, especially in those sessions where we go into tilt and ignore all the rules we are supposed to follow. I believe that here is the "key" between success and failure. A player who can protect his tilt bank can come back the next day to rebuild his bankroll, while the more uncontrolled player may simply lose track of things and reach the end of the session and run out of bench.

"He who fights and goes away lives for another day of struggle; but those who continue in battle may not fight again. "

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bankroll is very important

Negreanu ended 2017 negative. DANIEL NEGREANU

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I too have been giving a lot more thought to it. At first I was thinking that I don't have any bank roll, why manage?
Then I started really looking and I do have one, and it does make a difference in my play. If I play way under what I think I might want to play, I notice that I am more confident in my choices, (not playing scared). I can call or raise without thinking in the back of my mind that I can't afford to lose that much.

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good story, thank you for your post. I would be interested to see the results or development of your bankroll, tell me once you have a series of wins). Good luck!

M

MrSamsa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you are right man Its one thing to know something in theory and another to practice it with discipline. With the fields in poker getting increasingly difficult and peoples edges becoming more and more thin we have to realize that study too is just as important a tool as bankroll managment.

Its something I've struggled with and something I feel most players do. I was watching a twitch stream the other day with epiphany77 who is by all means a crusher of the game and even he went broke not applying bankroll management- though he brought it back and is crushing the game still to this day.

Its one of those things... I think to be really good you have to have a rush when you play and sometimes that rush is brought by playing stakes you can't afford so you go broke.

Last edited:
G

georgall

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bankroll managment is a 30% off your success. it is very important part.

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bankroll management is a way to loose your nobey slower ...

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If You are not doing proper bankroll management you are not a poker player, You are a gambler... Because YES... there will be badbeats and everyone goes through a downswing in his poker life. If You burn all your money in a few bad sessions then You got noone else to blame but yourself.
I would even recommend an even tighter approach for beginners than OP and recommend 50 buy ins. Because as a beginner your BR doesnt only have to make up for variance but also for the inevitable msitakes You will make in your game....

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you drive your car, do you control the speed? the same and bankroll

Brandlad

Brandlad

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll management apply to professional players or the players who earn their livelihood from the poker it does not apply to recreational players who play for fun only.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think its easier on you mentally to play overrolled, then you can take out money and not have to worry about losing your roll.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management