What is the hardest part of a tournament ?

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
varies each phase in my opinion the most difficult part of a tournament and iniciall pq is too crazy playing to see the flop and end up in eliminating!

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The hardest part for me is I never find myself to be in a strong enough position at the bubble when I should be able to take advantage of the tight play. And I find that between halfway to the bubble to the bubble, I just can't find situations to double up or build. I might start off like gangbusters, or hit a hand to get into the top 5% say, but from that point to the bubble, I almost never build to a point where I feel strong enough to steal bilnds pre-bubble.

So I can make the money, but after that point I can't see to get to a FT. The last FT i got to in the last two months was a $0.02 SnG on Stars.
You're probably just playing too tight in the mid-late stages of the tournament. It might sound hard/scary to do, but if really want to make it to the final table, you need to find spots to get your money in flip situations or better. That means shoving your AK hands, shoving your AQ/AJ hands when you're at 20 BBs or less, shoving KQs vs a bunch of limpers, shoving your big pairs when you face a raise and call preflop, etc.

You're looking to get into 50/50's, 60/40's, or even better with 75/25's. Sometimes you're going to get in slightly ahead and you have to fade a suckout. Sometimes, you'll get it in way behind and have to get lucky. There are 2 sayings that I believe are true in MTTs: 1) you have to win flips if you want to win a tournament and 2) if you aren't getting all of your money in behind at some point or another, you're playing too tight.

Roman Tsygankov

Roman Tsygankov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bubble... The hardest part of any tournament for me. I try to play safer and sometimes because of it I can't be on higher positions.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me it is hardest to play in the middle and bubble phase

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Certainly do not know the top tournament players, there are many all-in pass this stage of the tournament and wait for the bubble

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest part is to make chips and to survive early

J

JohnBoe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably the early and middle stages when you have to build a big stack for crushing the final table. Sometimes playing a few flips for that.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ohh, when it comes to bubble, definitely, at least from where i stand :p

whanfox

whanfox

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first, part of which has to control and play only hands and precise control your stack bubble is cool moment when you were right at the beginning , time to steal blinds.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The hardest part is the beginning, when you need to double. You can then relax a little. The last table, too heavy, but it is easier to start.

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The start of the tournament and the phase until you get ITM esspeccially bubble

R

RealityOracle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Arnold Snyder talks about the Minefield stage of a tournament, right around the time short stacks get blinded off and start pushing in all-in. This is a dangerous spot because (unless you have built a massive stack and can sit it out) there's little opportunity to play poker, but you have to mix it up, call some of these all-ins and task the risks needed to build your stack. That to me is the toughest part, simply because you can make the right decisions and still easily get crippled or busted.

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
For me it is the beginning, it is sometimes easy to damage my stack early. I am a late registration when available fan.

danndourado

danndourado

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion, late game is the hardest. High blinds, some lucky donkeys and almost everytime 20~25bb to manage survivor.

C

Chipsteal_jj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When my brain says to me that most players left are better than me and I wont win :(

payck007

payck007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the hardest part of the tournament did not take off at the beginning of

KenZZel

KenZZel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the boubble is the most important part :)

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is the middle too, because unless you are really doing well, the blinds are going up making it more expensive to get involved in pots (at the beginning you can play a lot and not lose too much even if you don't hit the flop) also in the middle the tables are still full it's a tough game . Towards the end when you have less people at the table you can play more aggressively and if you are short stack it becomes easy - just a shove or fold decision.

ovidiu9b

ovidiu9b

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if there is max 1000 people the harfest part for me is when ~50 people remains

joao mariano

joao mariano

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello!
in a tournament of 10 thousand subscribers allins happen many , and this makes it very Difficult tournament ; what to the what is the right tactic to get going until the end and maybe win the tournament ??

blef mashine

blef mashine

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Every part of the tournament is hard, you have to be focused all the time on the game , there is no relaxation .:)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If someone can answer this, why do some of you find the early stages so hard?