What is the hardest part of a tournament ?

D

David Phillips

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think bubble is easiest part of poker tournament if you have at least approximately 20 BB, so just wait for good positions or good cards go allin, or just delay the time.

In my opinion all three parts of poker tournament: beginning, middle and end game is hard. But the easiest one is beginning because blinds are small just play tight and aggressive and will be ok.

its fish like you that makes a good poker game no fun

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when does it start. most plays with garbage. too much fish in water

E

evangelos_christodoulou

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hardest part is just before the buble

ovsleka

ovsleka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me any part of the tournament.But early stage- is the hardest part

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
the hardest part of a tournament for me is the beginning due to the abundance of crazy players that will call or re rise with any hand. From there the part of the Tournament if you get under 10BB and not a decent hand gets to you. :itsme:

D

Dima Skretutski

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
beginning when put many all-in bubble and when you want to quickly get to the prizes

tolka4off

tolka4off

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the hardest part is the begging: manics go all-in with 2 7 and can win by making 2pairs or higher. That's suck :D

B

boxcarjoe1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The start if its a large tournament. only because you can double up then double up again but you still might only be in 200th, and even if you sit on that more people will gradually build their bankrolls past yours. The next is playing on a short stack especially on the bubble but any time because 200 chips times 2 is not the same as 300 or more times two to say you have 1000 chips. so even betting 300 chips and winning you'll have made more even when doubling up on a short stack. poker is never easy though.

Dimankos

Dimankos

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most difficult moment for me when the table is 2-3 in the tournament.

S

separatist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me hardest part is when my stack is 15-20 bb...im realy dont know what to do its not push fold stack yet and i cant play like in early stage...need to lern some training materials фищге this stage

T

Trixer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A bad beat mid to early late tournament can really make me feel bad.. However I think the hardest part of it is surviving... being able to fold lots of hands but still capitalize on the good ones.

luiaguila

luiaguila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the most difficult time is when you do not get things right so the you do well and you have to control yourself

pauloprcds

pauloprcds

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it allways has been on the start, I fell much more confortable at the end, I fell like I can get more reads and it's not such a bingo anymore, since I play small stakes ..

PokerGrinder

PokerGrinder

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Balancing the being patient and then being aggressive when need be.

yfaleiro

yfaleiro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when Im playing turbos, Im not sure how to adjust my tight (usual) strategy to a push/fold strategy

yfaleiro

yfaleiro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
other thing, administration of chips when im chip leader of a MTT

C

chubbybuddha

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The hardest part for me

To be honest the hardest part for me in a tournament, is the boredom, if i get bored i tend to get wreckless, but what works for me now is this, I watch a movie on my pc as I have two screens and play poker on the other.
I find it keeps me more focused and stops me getting wreckless as I get bored later on in a tourny. For those that struggle with this, try it, watch a movie or tv show online, it really works.

regards Andy:jd4:

O

OgKb

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im finding it extremely difficult to stay focused when you get deep in a tourtament.Been struggling with this a lot latley. Just getting bored waiting for people to finish there hands, tired from staring at a screen for a couple hours. This is what I find thehardest part of tournaments.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im finding it extremely difficult to stay focused when you get deep in a tourtament.Been struggling with this a lot latley. Just getting bored waiting for people to finish there hands, tired from staring at a screen for a couple hours. This is what I find thehardest part of tournaments.
multi-table.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Near the`bubble` because everyone is playing very tight!

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the difficult for me

To you , when the tournament is more difficult ?

The difficult for me is the free rolls. To many donkeys play in the tourneys. They love to go all in every hand or at least close to it.

yfaleiro

yfaleiro

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be honest the hardest part for me in a tournament, is the boredom, if i get bored i tend to get wreckless, but what works for me now is this, I watch a movie on my pc as I have two screens and play poker on the other.
I find it keeps me more focused and stops me getting wreckless as I get bored later on in a tourny. For those that struggle with this, try it, watch a movie or tv show online, it really works.

regards Andy:jd4:

I do that to...if im playing four tables of Sng, i sit in front of my TV to avoid getting bored

CRStals

CRStals

Total posts
Awards
Chips
The hardest part for me is I never find myself to be in a strong enough position at the bubble when I should be able to take advantage of the tight play. And I find that between halfway to the bubble to the bubble, I just can't find situations to double up or build. I might start off like gangbusters, or hit a hand to get into the top 5% say, but from that point to the bubble, I almost never build to a point where I feel strong enough to steal bilnds pre-bubble.

So I can make the money, but after that point I can't see to get to a FT. The last FT i got to in the last two months was a $0.02 SnG on Stars.