What hand do you get ko’d With?

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all. What starting hand do you have that you seem to always get knocked out of a MTT tournament with? I always find that when I am short stacked and push all in with AK I usually end up busting out against someone with AQ, or KQ or some low pair.

Which starting hand usually does you in?

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is my walking home hand. It is just Ace high and it only works if you keep Ax in the hand with you. Most overplayed hand in the game my opinion.

K

Kassandra677

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At me very much often AK beat small pairs of type 55 ( So lately I'm trying to look at the position more, but in general I like connectors

Vuske111

Vuske111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually AK,AQ or maybe sometimes pairs like 10 10 or JJ

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AK is my walking home hand. It is just Ace high and it only works if you keep Ax in the hand with you. Most overplayed hand in the game my opinion.
+1

Certainly the most overplayed. You are only 60/40 against any 2 live cards.

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if i have ak i lose, if they have ak, they win

L

LuigiBros03

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on the blinds that you have left but if it's super short I think Ax enters, 55+ enters and connected cards like 87+

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I agree and I don’t mind losing when I’m in a race against a pocket pair but I’ve been ko’d the last 4 tournaments in a row with AK when I’ve gone all in with about 10 BB left and have been called by a weaker ace ( eg AJ, A9, etc). I hate losing a tournament that way. Always seems when I have the weaker A, the AK holds up. Frustrating.

SoCalGrndR1

SoCalGrndR1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I am walking home, my reflection is on whether I got my Chips in Good. What mistakes did I make to risk elimination, what can I learn?

I have gone out on Rockets to Dueces, straight-flush draws to thin air. If I get short stacked am I able to choose a hand with some value. Yes, my AK does send me packing vs. small-mid pairs.

SoCal

xbronk

xbronk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it always happens to me with low pairs 5-5 7-7 and 3-3 is the most common:cool:

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all. What starting hand do you have that you seem to always get knocked out of a MTT tournament with? I always find that when I am short stacked and push all in with AK I usually end up busting out against someone with AQ, or KQ or some low pair.

AQ kills me everytime. I do better with suited connectors 7-8 and up.

mathtree

mathtree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems as though KK has rightfully earned the nickname, "ace magnets." Nearly 90% of the time when I get KK, I call an all in preflop and see a weak A rag and the ace comes on the turn or river to knock me out. I fold the hands that seem to work for others - that's poker...

G

guitaRisGood

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ace anything. no pair you're behind

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only the top pair on the 10-to AA.

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on position, you can push JQs more often from CO, than AQ from UTG

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Lately I have been getting KO'd holding TT,JJ,QQ,KK. It will usually be to a set from a lower pair or to the ace-rag. There will not be much more opportunities with the small stack. Get the chips in when we are most likely ahead in the hand pre-flop and hope that it holds up at the showdown, this is the only thing that can be done when the stack gets short and the blinds are high.

Shishkin30

Shishkin30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If my starting hand is AK, then AA or KK is almost always against me)))

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lately it seems I get KO'd by AX where x = rag. I can think of 4 times this week I got knocked out holding KK or QQ and A3, A7 and A6 all knocked me out because they hit an A or a 4 card straight or a 4 card flush. Doesn't matter if I shoved or am calling a shove. Good times LOL

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

🙉 🙈 🙊 student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Almost always someone's rag card that hits a set on the flop if all in or otherwise on the river.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands