What are flights in poker tournaments?

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Total posts
Are flight tournaments the same format such as Day 1A, Day 1B etc? I'm curious cause I want to start playing high stake tournaments in the near future and I would like to be careful how I schedule my request days off from work around the poker schedule. Can somebody give me an example please? And thank you! :)

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
They are something like satellites but with the whole buy in amount and all Days 1 have a target tournament-the Main Event. So if you make it in Day 1 [Days 1 stop in a specific blind level] , the you will auto register in the Day 2 with your gathered chips.

I think the bubble burst in Days 2 and the last 2 3 Tables are the Day 3. The bigger and more prestigious the tournament the more qualifying Days 1 and more playing Days in general.

I have seen different formats in Day 1 , for example Day 1A was a super deep structured tournament but Day 1B was a turbo one.

Hope I am right :D

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
"Flights" mean, there are multible day 1, which stop after X blind levels, and surviving players then proceed to day 2 with their chips. Usually you can play as many day 1, as you like, until you have proceeded to day 2. Its not the same as a satellite, since you bring your chips with you, and sometimes players making it to day 2 are already in the money.

W

whyfold that

Enthusiast
Total posts
i think there are to many players to tables

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Total posts
"Flights" mean, there are multible day 1, which stop after X blind levels, and surviving players then proceed to day 2 with their chips. Usually you can play as many day 1, as you like, until you have proceeded to day 2. Its not the same as a satellite, since you bring your chips with you, and sometimes players making it to day 2 are already in the money.

Okay thank you I kind of figured they are the same thing as Day 1A but kind of a different format with a different name.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Okay thank you I kind of figured they are the same thing as Day 1A but kind of a different format with a different name.

Yeah just different names for the same concept :)