What are flights in poker tournaments?

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are flight tournaments the same format such as Day 1A, Day 1B etc? I'm curious cause I want to start playing high stake tournaments in the near future and I would like to be careful how I schedule my request days off from work around the poker schedule. Can somebody give me an example please? And thank you! :)

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
They are something like satellites but with the whole buy in amount and all Days 1 have a target tournament-the Main Event. So if you make it in Day 1 [Days 1 stop in a specific blind level] , the you will auto register in the Day 2 with your gathered chips.

I think the bubble burst in Days 2 and the last 2 3 Tables are the Day 3. The bigger and more prestigious the tournament the more qualifying Days 1 and more playing Days in general.

I have seen different formats in Day 1 , for example Day 1A was a super deep structured tournament but Day 1B was a turbo one.

Hope I am right :D

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Flights" mean, there are multible day 1, which stop after X blind levels, and surviving players then proceed to day 2 with their chips. Usually you can play as many day 1, as you like, until you have proceeded to day 2. Its not the same as a satellite, since you bring your chips with you, and sometimes players making it to day 2 are already in the money.

W

whyfold that

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think there are to many players to tables

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Flights" mean, there are multible day 1, which stop after X blind levels, and surviving players then proceed to day 2 with their chips. Usually you can play as many day 1, as you like, until you have proceeded to day 2. Its not the same as a satellite, since you bring your chips with you, and sometimes players making it to day 2 are already in the money.

Okay thank you I kind of figured they are the same thing as Day 1A but kind of a different format with a different name.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Okay thank you I kind of figured they are the same thing as Day 1A but kind of a different format with a different name.

Yeah just different names for the same concept :)