What do you think about the new Bounty Turbo Series?

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me its madness
In bountys you can see a lot of crazy players
In turbos you can see a lot of crazy players
If you mix them you have a complete madness

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that if this series has begun, it means that it is profitable and there will be those who will bring this profit.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often see turbo bounties on pokerstars. Is this something new on another site? I can understand this as a lot of players enjoy PKO and also turbo as they don’t want to spend several hours in a tournament. Yes it’s more risky in turbo but you have to give the people what they want.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me its madness

I absolutely agree with you, that's why I'm skipping this episode, since the variance will make me tilt)))

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dont think this has started yet except for some satellites for event 5, which is a Sunday Million special addition? Turbo PKOs run on PokerStars all the time, so this is not really anything new. As for "crazy" players I personally love them, since they allow me to have a high winrate :)

Jason Bralli

Jason Bralli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
particularly, I never really liked a bount tournament, it makes players take even more risks than necessary, making unreasonable moves, this is where the "badbeat" is created.

I have already won some of these tournaments, but it is necessary that you are in one of your best days, where all the cards you receive, work for your game!

GL :)

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont think this has started yet except for some satellites for event 5, which is a Sunday Million special addition? Turbo PKOs run on PokerStars all the time, so this is not really anything new. As for "crazy" players I personally love them, since they allow me to have a high winrate :)

I'll give you an example:
I was playing an bounty tournament, big blind was short, everyone folds at big blind
I was the button, Raised, small blind call and big blind call
I floped an open ended straight draw with a flush draw
Big blind shoves (okay he was short)
And the small blnd shoves 100bb with middle pair!! How can i fold? And them i have like 50-60% equity and its pretty hard to fold

Too much variance at those tournaments

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too much variance at those tournaments

If you dont like variance, you are better off playing normal MTTs without bounties and with 10-12 min blind intervals. For me though variance is not a problem. PKOs run all the time on PokerStars, so if I bust from one, then I just register for the next. With a combodraw and the chance to win a bounty, I would call in that situation, you describe. And then the result will be, what it will be.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
For me its madness

Have only played one this time 'round... 6-max $1.10 NLHE KO (so far)
Only won about $2.50 in bounties and cash.

It is full of crazy players....so if you pick your spot and shove, you can get there.
I was in the top 10 for most of the game...until we hit the money...and two or three hands later I was out.

But to me...it seems full of fish. A good place to set your rod and reel. I'm going to experiment further with it this weekend.

Have got through four or five of the freerolls to the next round, but without exception, got crushed in the next levels. Not playing badly...well maybe a bit...but really unlucky (with flop, turn, and river) when I had good starting hands.

Have you played them much?

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
particularly, I never really liked a bount tournament, it makes players take even more risks than necessary, making unreasonable moves, this is where the "badbeat" is created.
GL :)

This is where the FREE MONEY is!

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Have only played one this time 'round... 6-max $1.10 NLHE KO (so far)
Only won about $2.50 in bounties and cash.

It is full of crazy players....so if you pick your spot and shove, you can get there.
I was in the top 10 for most of the game...until we hit the money...and two or three hands later I was out.

But to me...it seems full of fish. A good place to set your rod and reel. I'm going to experiment further with it this weekend.

Have you played them much?

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

When i started in online poker i used to play only bounties
I was new in the game and the first MTT i played was an BB (PS 2.2 bounty builder) and i won like 30 USD
Then i tought : thats my game
Hahahahahaha
But now i dont like it anymore, too much variance.
(Specially at the weekends, with the new format, ITM of 5% and a huge bounty, so you play for bounties)

Jason Bralli

Jason Bralli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
This is where the FREE MONEY is!

if you woke up on your lucky day, don't waste time and sign up for all KO tournaments!

KO - tournament that you lose with AA for 72o easy easy, more than the variance allows

GL ;)

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm enjoying it :) I did notice today that there are no games scheduled.. hoping it's still going. There's no CC tournies listed at PS at all today.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me its madness
The turbocharged tournament structure will provide those who miss the smooth tournament structure with a higher level of table action. Those who get tired of playing for a long time in tournaments will enjoy the shorter playing time of the tournament and, accordingly, higher hourly earnings. Those whose level of play leaves much to be desired will enjoy the faster transition to the push-fold stage compared to the smooth structure, when your stack becomes so small that all possible options are push or fold (and this situation with a lack of postflop decisions often occurs just a few levels after the start of the tournament),(and such a situation with the absence of postflop decisions often occurs within a few levels after the start of the tournament), since at this stage luck comes first, greatly leveling the difference in skill. In addition, there are far fewer situations where you have to make difficult decisions postflop in deep stacks.All these advantages attract a lot of players, both recreational, beginners, amateurs and regulars. The increased number of participants creates difficulties in the form of increased variance and more rare deep passes and final tables. A shorter playing time by one tournament and a faster transition to the push-fold stage also greatly accelerates the variance.

G

Gusborgs22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, i think its lucky based most of the time. Most of the pots are made of pre flop all in
Pot control doesnt exists, specially in low buy ins

Lolquarant1ne1

Lolquarant1ne1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s no easy )))
In this game people crazy but it’s so fun