What do you think about bounty builders?

M

Mantones

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey guys. What do you think about bounty builders? I think with a 100$ max bankroll the bounty 1.10$ worth.

Any idea about other Pstars good tournaments?
Waiting to see ur ideas.

Cheers

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love these types of tounaments but unfortunately living in the US I can't play them. People will stack off light and you can make your buy-in back plus some with a nice run deep not including prize money. Wish ACR/BCP had these types of tourneys.

I hope one day pokerstars will be open to ALL US again.

Alex Houngan

Alex Houngan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This type of tournament is more suitable if you have an aggressive style of play.
If you have a small stack, many with bad cards will play with you.
Good cards at the beginning of the tournament, very easy to play.

C

concoman710

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish I could chime in and give some feedback on them but I've never played one. Considering the amount of poker I play I feel like im missing out by being in the USA:(

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
they are my favorites, in 2016 I won $ 3,700 first place .... buy / in $ 5.50

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are softer than freezeouts and lower variance, but they play wildly different and are lower edge.

Thecontinuer

Thecontinuer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played them from time to time. I'm not an enormous fan of the (usually) large fields, but the idea of making back the buy in with a few well placed calls is appealing.

I used to use Stars Coins back when I was a complete and utter sucker and would sat. into larger buy in bounty hunters for a stab at the bounty money. I was an awful fish so it never paid off hugely but felt like time well spent.

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bounty builders is my favorite tournament
just need to be patient because many players are running for a bounty and playing without a sense

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bounty Builders are great tourny's, but there are a few things to keep in mind.

1. You can't win bounties with a short stack. you have to be cautiously aggressive to build a stack early.
  2. If you do have a short stack, people will come after you. Take advantage of this by playing tight and trap when you have a great hand.
  3. Don't play for bounties, let them come naturally. Don't call lower stack all-ins just hoping for a bounty. Bounties will come if you can survive in the tournament long enough.
  4. With a $100 stack, I would be playing in $5.50 bounty tournaments to maximize profits without threatening your bankroll.

S

Stacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They cause the game to loosen up so if your a tight player it's hard. If you want to gamble more it's good for the game

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the format of knockout tournaments, but as for Bounty tournaments with buy-in from 0.55 $ -3.3 $ ,,,, Playing them is very aggressive, a lot of limpers who are not afraid of your 3-bet, many inadequate players who refer to these games as roulette and go all-in with any cards. You must be ready for this game

Vladimir Smugly

Vladimir Smugly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love this format of tournaments. Sometimes I play in Bounty. Especially I love the Saturday version with an increased reward for knocking out. Even if you do not get to the prizes, you can raise cash.

M

maykmar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play these tournaments, a lot of crazy people to be with the lowest pair in table much bluff, it is easy to recover your investment!

S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
don't play Bounty Builder cannot be collected in this tournament will always make mistakes!

P

PokerTraveler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good tournamentsif you will play by card easy to be in profit

K

kelvin22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Be careful in bounty builders, especially low cost ones from 0.55$ up to 7.50$. Players who got cash backing them up and can afford that loss, will play like monkeys. Also, 90% of the players loose track of the "actual game". The bounties are not important early in the tournament, though most of them will kill each other over 0.18$ and find themselves in 4-5 way allins, so don't get into hands that are potentially dangerous... for nothing. First place is worth fighting for. You win the prize money, the opponent's bounty, AND your own bounty.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
thanks for info guys, will start playing them and will let you fellas know about my $.02 after few games.
:)

K

kems

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bounty tournament

bounty table are most exciting, Every head have politics (wanted dead or alive),,,
If u play good luck,,,,:D:D:D:D

B

BesseNuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think Bounty builders are perfects.

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like these tournaments, but the dispersion in them is very high. Many play them like a roulette and go All-in with all kinds of rubbish and very much luck on their side. Very very often)