What do you prefere near the bubble - to be slow and tight or agressive and steal?

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on my stack size, my opponents, my opponents' playing style and how important it is to win the tournament. Therefore, it is difficult to answer this question unambiguously. More often than not we are in a situation where we have a short or medium stack and are likely to play tight.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Near the bubble

I'm a slow tight guy. No bigger let down in poker to be near the bubble and bust out. I've tried stealing and it seems another thief gets the better of me. It depends on my chip stack on if I can try it.

T

TonyTadzh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually people are tight on bubble, so i try to play aggressive at this phase of mtts

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
VERY VERY interesting thread. I did some rough math and the majority of folks who replied are on the aggressive side (or neutral depending on variables).

My first goal is to make the money, so I am pretty tight on the bubble. If I make the money, I am usually able to climb the ladder fairly well, even with a smaller stack. This is probably the best part of my game, so that is why right now my first goal is just to make the money, then work my magic (or get booted out trying-haha).
I know as my game gets better that my goals will change and in order to make more final tables I will need to be more aggressive on the bubble. But for now this is my style of play.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
VERY VERY interesting thread. I did some rough math and the majority of folks who replied are on the aggressive side (or neutral depending on variables).

My first goal is to make the money, so I am pretty tight on the bubble. If I make the money, I am usually able to climb the ladder fairly well, even with a smaller stack. This is probably the best part of my game, so that is why right now my first goal is just to make the money, then work my magic (or get booted out trying-haha).
I know as my game gets better that my goals will change and in order to make more final tables I will need to be more aggressive on the bubble. But for now this is my style of play.
If you played the whole game tight, now bubble and you are on the button and no one has entered the hand before you, just imagine that you have AA (in reality there can be any 2) and push all-in.

offshore11000

offshore11000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, it will depend a lot on the size of the stack I have at the moment, I think if you're deep it's possible to use both strategies. If you're short, you'll have to double up depending on how many opponents you have left to pay.;):D

leoniq888

leoniq888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, everyone!

It all depends on what kind of stack I have.
If the stack is medium (30+ BB) or deep (50+ BB), I'll only go in with top hands (AK, AQ, TT+). If the stack is small, I'm more likely to take my chances. Being in position I'll often go all-in, even with a medium hand.

schtiuky

schtiuky

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it depends on the value of the stack. if im on the limit stack i will try to protect or go all in with double possibility.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I prefer to be carefull, because I am just near the positions with the awards, and I would like my effords to end to an award.