What do you prefere near the bubble - to be slow and tight or agressive and steal?

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
stack size is always important, you can't pretend to steal blinds with less than 10 bb against a rival that has more than 50.
when i'm short and i'm sure that i'm into ITM iprefer to fold everything, but you need to consider the speed and the level of the players. sometimes you can't speculate and you need to take risks even if you are in a good position in tournaments where bubble can last for more than 15 minutes.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of time i play near the bubble should be slow.

Except that short stacks or AA, KK in hand.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to be tight in general . however if i have a lot of chips i will try to steal . so it depends

A

adjacentcape1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The style of play that I choose usually takes into account my stack size, since generally larger stacks will want to apply more pressure on smaller stacks, but also the types of players that are at my table, because if everyone else is really loosening up and busting quickly, then I would want to play more reserved.

mike makaryan

mike makaryan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on my stack, if I have more chips than the rest of the players and if I think I have the opportunity to be aggressive against those who are very close to the bubble, I do it, but sometimes it also depends on how aggressive the other players are playing , there I would play very carefully.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have a bigger stack then I would try to steal more pots. If I have short stack I am playing like a rock hoping to get to the money.

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

it depends on the stack I have. If I am a chip leader I prefer to steal blinds

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

E

easy play

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am the largest stack at the table, then pick up blinds and antes by being aggressive. If I am a small stack, then play tight and try to be ITM. It gets tricky with Middle Stack. I choose my spots cautiously. Bully the players if possible and also avoid playing with large stacks.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
more on the aggressive side

A

arsenalcho_1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi

it depends on the tournament, but most of the time I'm aggressive because more than half of the people fold

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on your stack size. If you are a big stack, you should apply pressure to small and especially mid stacks by playing loose and agressive. But if you are a mid stack, its just the opposite. Then you need to tighten up at least against the big stacks, and you should be very conservative when it comes to calling all-in from other players, unless its an insignificant amount like 5BB.

As a small stack you should play relatively normal, as long as you have some stack left, since you still have some chance to make a comeback in the tournament. But if you become very short, and the bubble is sure to bust soon, then it can be a reasonable strategy to try and fold your way to a min-cash, unless you wake up with aces or something.

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on my stack. If I have a lot of chips aside, I would put pressure with solid hands. Otherwise I just play A K or A A.

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With a big stack I try to ism pressure the table, otherwise I will play tight

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if i get the cards i do not sit back, only way to win it is to be aggressive and lucky!

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I play like its a diaper, it Depends. Sometimes when I play I wipe it clean and other times when I play I end up with a diaper full of crap.

Seriously there is never a one size fits all strategy. If I am not the short stack then I play with the intent of primarily not going broke while I look for exploitative opportunities to steal pots.

vardyonfire

vardyonfire

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bubblessive

I like all the time to be aggressive, even if sometimes I risk maybe too much and lose chips. the idea is like this: if you do not risk in a mtt you can not get up to the final tables;)

dorivaldojr

dorivaldojr

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer your aggressive even more when my stack is more than the other players

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hi !
On the bubble I like to be aggressive, a little looser and steal as much as I can since most of the players are very tight.
I do that because I dream big and want to get very deep in the tournaments, get to the final table or loose it all already !

Gl at the tables

WaumpataMaikaefer

WaumpataMaikaefer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on my stacksize. With many chips I am very aggressive ;)

C

canario4444

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
BURBUJA

It all depends on the stack I have, if I'm deep I'll be aggressive depending on the position I'm in, if I'm short I'll wait for cashes and only play hands like AA, AKs, KK

Kiryl

Kiryl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

On the bubble, I prefer aggression.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Sit out obviously until the bubble is over ...

M

moularaki

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
i only play good hands
after folding a lot I play aggresseif

L

LOOPY

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to get pass the bubble to be in the money. Play tight.

sulzerrt

sulzerrt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to be aggro rather than tight, in long way it will be giving more +EV.
But actually it depends on situational awareness on the table.