What do you do if you keep getting junk?

L

LayZfromBS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Food a lot to make it look like your playing tight, then play position more.

L

LOOPY

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep the faith, the cards are bound to change!!

kbuinowski

kbuinowski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
some times depends on what they are. some times I'll try to limp to see the flop. if not I'll just raise or re-raise.

Raphael Zabel

Raphael Zabel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I raise in position, limp in some pots to extract some value if I hit something good.

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always FOLD on JUNK and wait for AA on the next hand

Hi,

Always fold on JUNK what else are you really going to do?

1. RAISE and bluff = by that time you're out of chips already and you're dead

2. Wait for AA on the next hand. = 85% WINNER!!!!

Thanks for listening!!!

..Bluff..

:cool:

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lots of crap starting hands is definitely frustrating!

I just try to hang in there until I get near the 10 BB threshold and then get it in as good as possible. It definitely helps to be the first one in the pot in these situations so a 2.5x raiser isn't priced in to call. Any ace, suited connectors, or two broadway cards will do.

018smitty

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nothing worse than getting junk hand after hand, folding and watching your junk hit more times than not. Happens quite often to me.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I expect. My hand will come. And when it comes, I don't want to have a small stack.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I slightly increase the number of hands and the aggression towards "selected" (Notes) players

M

Marcos1315

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play many hands. I look for some hands that play well against some ranges and try to use my tight player image (although it's not tight, it's just bad cards hahaha) to steal some pots, both preflop and flop.

J

jretired

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JUNK HANDS

I usually avoid junk hands.If I can't improve I usually do useless thing to correct my luck..I'll try clicking sit out next big blind...getting back in right away.I'll get out of the site and re-enter.Neither works.

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I fold till I get tired then I try to make a move.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If anything shove when you have suited connectors when the blinds are low. It’s not the right way but you do have a chance to win with a decent push.

B

bakang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you play at this one site, let's call it Bet on Lies, then junk hands are the primary winners. If a broom in you is on your bucket list Bet on Lies is the place to play those junk hands. They just assaulted me giving a guy with T2 a full house vs my KK, in the low stakes tourney. I don't think it was Doyle Brunson either.

It's a shame i got started with the free roll. I hope this site gets a nice kick back from cheat on line, cuz, imo they sure don't deal fair.

Nokaut men 1997

Nokaut men 1997

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
No friend.
In any case, you should not have played less quality hands because then your loss would have been even greater.
It is best for you to log out of the game in such situations and try again the next day.

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Though illadvised, I usually burn through one buy-in. In theory, stopping and resuming after a break is the best practice.. but if I wanna play poker, I will be play goddamn poker regardless.

Probably because I mostly play for fun rather than income.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in late positions i like to play junk hands in general regardless of if i get only junk hands or not . you can often win a lot with junk hands actually if you know what you are doing

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

I had a lot of tournaments where I couldn't wait for a good hand for a very long time. Well, what can you do? I sat and waited patiently.

ebazynski

ebazynski

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just try to ride it out as long as possible and then pick a spot when short stacked and just go for it. More frustrating is finally getting something decent while not yet short, only to have someone go all-in before my turn.

Rocky87345

Rocky87345

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually just keep folding depending on the blind levels if it's early in the tourney I'll play most suited connectors and stuff like 8/7os or 10/8, 9/7 but only for cheap flops. and only every once in awhile

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Break it down into two options. Risk going all,in with a few marginal hands and then tighten up if you hit a few all ins. Or option 2, wait for a big hand that may never come.

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It's just part of the game to get 'trash' hands more often in some games and there's not much you can do about it... I'm someone that hates playing with a short stack, so when I'm going around 10BBs I defend really wide from my big blind vs an open(sometimes even try a shove with a decent enough hand like suited connectors or an Ax against an opponent that opened preferably from late position), but if I really can't make any play at all and go down to under 5 BBs I'm just going to gamble in a pot with few people involved and just hope for the best...

GLGL all at the tables BlessRNG

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Junk Hands

Not much you can do but ride out the storm. Just like having a good day bad days will come as well. When I get junk hands for a long period of time I'll take a break or go play a different game like Omaha H/L and hope my luck changes .

GL @ U :D

johnnylawford

johnnylawford

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here's what Jonathan Little has to say about it: