What do you do about people raising and not letting you play

0_5v

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My advise against two of them is to play only low cards in position, like suited connectors 2,5 7,9 even 3,4. Also take the time to record what they are playing, you may find they will do this with any picture card and small pairs for example. That is valuable info. Don't be afraid to lose a few chips to see a flop when in BB or button, or with A,10. JJ, QQ, KK, AA are ok, but imho never AQ or AK against two of them.
It might sound strange but it has worked for me. Good luck.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you guys ever been on a table that has one or 2 raisers and reraisers? How do you play with them? It seems to stop you being able to limp into a hand. I think this question has been asked before but i can't seem to find the thread. I lost 5 tournaments because people kept raising and reraising and I just couldn't play. All help is appreciated.
well first of all, stop limping

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You get this type of players all the time be patience wait for good cards

Emi

Emi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wait, wait and wait again until you get the best hand. Once you're in advantage you can beat them. Also look in your positition if you play in button is better.

Oliver Wayne

Oliver Wayne

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate these players. So only those who have a lot of money do that.
The only thing you can do is to wait.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep patience and beat them with your premium hand. Annoying but worth it.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best way to deal with them is to be patient and reraise them big when you have a hand.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limp only with premium hands, and go all in after they raise you.

M

MadPanic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When people often raise bets, it's good for you, they collect chips in one place, and you just need to catch this player:)
Best comment so far.. I was able to play this strategy in a MTT just today and was able to mop up 3 tables mostly through the donkey..

J

jwlaw35

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
these players are good for good players.. lots of room to check raise or limp raise them.. they are gamblers at heart

jimmy andres

jimmy andres

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, with this type of players you can not show weakness in your bets since most of the times they can be bluffing and if they see that their opponents fold with a small rise they will take advantage of as much as they can, so my advice is to take advantage When you get an A or K or a low pair, equals at least until the turn and responds the aggressions with more aggression comes back up, and if you see that you have already committed more than 35% of your chips go all in That you make him retire thinking that you have a very strong hand. I hope you serve luck on the tables.

G

gofish

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shit happens I guess. I once witnessed an awful player come 1st place of a tournament ($2,000 or so) and he played nearly every single damn hand when he was at my table. If you play poker for a long time you will see ridiculous shit like this I guess. Incredible luck basically, kept winning all the coin flips one could say.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well first of all, stop limping

Good, best answer!
:p

Have you guys ever been on a table that has one or 2 raisers and reraisers? How do you play with them? It seems to stop you being able to limp into a hand. I think this question has been asked before but i can't seem to find the thread. I lost 5 tournaments because people kept raising and reraising and I just couldn't play. All help is appreciated.
Limp is used more in cash game, in position SB, otherwise you always play for value and bluff, 2x or 3x, study a little about this concept, "VALUE X BLUFF" You need to understand this basic concept to play, otherwise Will succeed.

SydTheCat

SydTheCat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was thinking the same thing. Don't limp in. wait for the premium hands and play strong. 3-Betting in position will usually slow down those LAG players.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have such players who raise raises and do not allow to play every tournament and when they raise I drop almost always drops and players raise raise and then discard cards offensively, in this case I expect a good card and if he starts raising I go with a card All-in

caterina12

caterina12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very much patience .. and you play when you have good books

dundo84

dundo84

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Either expand your range and gamble with them or play tight wait for good hands and again gamble with them.If you play tight, in most cases you'll become shortstacked and be forced to shove preflop not only with premium hands.
You need to run good (have the cards fall in your favour) to fight those kind of players.

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Someone who is aggressive will use this to gradually build their stacks, you will find the odd re raise or all in will make them fold, but be careful they may have the monster when you decide to do so. Aggressive play can only be silenced with other aggressive play

T

Tylor Mendez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try Calling Lighter In Position

If you have position and they raise and then you just flat with hands like 89s through J-10s Qjs ect... Or even mixing in a flat call in position when they raise earlier in position from the button or just in position over the raiser. Remember how important the advantage of position is.:joyman:

M

myuk1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why are just trying to limp in the first place? if u are early position and you limp you should be expecting to see a raise and might as well just raise yourself if your hand is strong enough or fold

C

CHAVIKI

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a weakness

It's an opportunity, they'll end up loosing everithing sonner or later, just go with good cards call the flop and useit in your favor, they'll bet even if you have the winning hand.

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wait monster hand and 4x bet or all in is best option at least for me

Those folks go broke quick, but they run it up for a while. Wait for the goods, bait them, and cash in. It is frustrating for a while. That's what they count on.:rock:

T

trixxxter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I run my clock down on people that just keep raising and reraising every hand. After a few times it seems to stop.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Limping is rarely a good move. In general, you should be raising when you enter the hand pre-flop. If your hand isn't good enough to raise, fold it. Regardless of your opening range, you must raise to gain information about other players' cards. I've been at tables like this before where 1 or 2 guys almost always raise pre-flop. There are several fairly easy ways to counter this.

1) Wait until you have position on them and re-raise them with a wider than normal range
2) When you get a premium hand, limp in and then re-raise all-in when you get 3-bet
3) Raise with a premium hand. If you get a caller, bet it aggressively all the way to the river.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It happens more in cash games Though the last tournament that scenario of 3betting happened a lot The chips goes back and forth between the 2-3 aggressive players at my table The blinds were still small relative to my stack so I really wasn’t desperate to play. What’s really hurts is if you SS then can’t wait to play. have to push /shove early with any pair or face cards