What are the best hands to play in a tourney?

P

Poker Player 100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I LOVE seeing a pocket kings then posket aces..(i dont know why tho?)

T

teemoh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
short answer: premium hands

long answer: ready skalankys book

T

TukUrChip

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In every tournament I have played in, I can always look back to a few key hands the got me plenty of chips. It may be a K9 that I made two pair on, or a 7/8 suited that I straighted with. In my last tournament one of my key hands was a 4/5 off-suit that I saw from the small blind with 5 or 6 players in the pot. I flopped open-ended and turned the nut straight. In almost every tournament I play it will be something different, and a lot of times it will be a semi-junkie hand that most of your opponents will put you on.

That doesn't mean that you should get caught up in playing too much junk, but if the odds are right to play small connectors or a suited AX then get in there and see what comes on the flop.

B

bsavy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont know about you guys but the best hand to play is always AA lol

B

BabkovAA

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always different for me, it's poker)) Sometimes waiting AA AK AQ but it is often in the early stages, and then less

andyt5303

andyt5303

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA last time I checked ;)

EsnneyPk

EsnneyPk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to say with certainty what are the winning cards to play in a tournament is something presipitado, since the pocicion, the style of play that we developed throughout the tournament, the villains who are on the table and the "variance" influllen greatly in the outcome. my advice would be to analyze all this named above mind and put it into practice. :cool:

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All the hands are best to play in torney, it not depends of what u got only, there are lots of factors involved to win a hand not only the bigger cards

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
I thing is depend the situation how tah position, your stack, strategy the play, the way do play your oponent, etc, but this the poker is interesting play for me.

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pocket aces for sure.

Against weak players hands like JTs, T9s, J9s etc. are very strong as you can get lots of chips by 3-betting or raising their blinds and they have decent odds again strongest hands.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on phase and dynamics.On early phases should be AA,KK but in middle or late opened up your range a bit.

M

maxdavis4321

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have always heard you should mostly fold in a tournament. What are the best hands you should play in a tournament.

If you don't already have it, download Equilab hand calculator. Using the preloaded ranges during play as a reference guide is huge help. Its helped me develop several ranges vs. my opponents range in many positional situations.

Last edited:
M

maxdavis4321

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you don't already have it, download Equilab hand calculator. Using the preloaded ranges during play as a reference guide is huge help. Its helped me develop a range vs. my opponents range for most situations.

Also helps with range analysis off the table.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands