What is the best day to be your "Day Off Poker"?

lvitinhol

lvitinhol

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys,
I'm a MTT player and decided to play 6 days/week and gonna take a full day to rest and do some other things away from the computer, and try not even think about poker on that day...

Go out with my gf, drink a few beers, walk on the park, and other things like that.

What day u guys think I should peek? Or it doesnt matter and any day is fine?

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually people on standard jobs are free during weekends so if your gf and friends work this way it is most logical to choose either saturday or sunday for the day off poker. In fact it is not needed to set fixed day and you can dynamically choose one depending on the current situation.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hello guys,
I'm a MTT player and decided to play 6 days/week and gonna take a full day to rest and do some other things away from the computer, and try not even think about poker on that day...

Go out with my gf, drink a few beers, walk on the park, and other things like that.

What day u guys think I should peek? Or it doesnt matter and any day is fine?
You should check with your girlfriend and do it on the day shes available :)

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have just spent over 10 days off poker, Why? I have found that the more I learn about the game the less I win, When I first started to play on-line poker I did really well winning more games than I lost, built up a small bankroll from free-rolls and small stake cash games.
Then when everything is looking "sweet" I start losing even in the small cash games.
I cannot put my finger on it but I do need to take a break regularly otherwise the game becomes boring and tiresome.
As The Terminator often says "I will be back" but just how good will I be only time will tell.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
That is completely up to the player and his preferences. It's individual.

brunonick269

brunonick269

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wednesday seems that never have great things to do, so I just get to relax.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take Saturday off normally - its a family day/evening.

I seem to play most evenings these days, so I think for my marriages sake I need to spend an evening with my wife :D

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take days off from poker after a series of failures at the tables, so as not to fall into a tilt. Nature is the best comfort.

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's best to plan the whole week and just choose which day will be off that suits you best.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best day is when you are bored of poker.

A

abpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Based on your criteria, sounds like the perfect solution is whatever day your girlfriend prefers. :)

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think going for a walk, playing sports (with a girl) :), doing your homework, your Hobbies, it's all much more important than playing poker. Poker is recreation and entertainment :) I think good days for the game are when you really miss the bad cards, the bad luck to you and then it's really worth sitting down to the table))) joke!))

Do not sit for a long time at the game, the game is a rest, fun! :) Life is important) I'm sure the right question is when is the best time to play, but not when to relax!... :) the Best time is when you have a good rest, and with a great desire to sit down to have fun at the table! :)

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most fishy day, usually Saturday or Sunday, is when the main fish are on the weekend and they are ready to give their own. covers for players who take the game seriously.

diago726

diago726

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Saturday night I always play until dawn, but on Mondays after work I always de-stress playing good Poker and I look forward to Saturday ggg.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Personally I keep it flexible. I would keep a day of ranges that would work out with the girlfriend.What I basically mean is this. Say you and the girlfriend are off on Fridays and Saturdays. Friday would be the one I picked but if the weather was going to be bad Saturday I would move my day off to Friday if the weather would be much better. Also in my open block would be the Thursday and Sunday. Say you wanted to go away or there was a big tournament series you wanted to play to could move it to one of those extra days.

I take 2 days off most weeks. Monday and Tuesday or Tuesday and Wednesday. Just pick what works out best for you.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree it's a good idea to take time off but I do it for mor than one reason. When I hit a bad streak of garbage hands I tend to push back with aggressive play that usually doesn't pay off. I shut down the next day and do anything except think about poker.

I also have finally learned to stop playing after a big win. In the past when I hit the big money in an mtt I would plunge right back in, often at higher stakes, as I attempted to prove I was a poker god. Again the results were usually not good.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would recommend that 6 days of poker is a bit strong. but if you feel comfortable it's fine!
Nice to have your day off during the week maybe a Wednesday, since that day most of the places are working and you can do your things in a quiet way. very different from having a Sunday that most of the locals work until a certain hour.

ItsThePits

ItsThePits

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Plenty of things to do in life.
Poker is like any other past time or sport.
If you watch TV or play sports everyday.
Can you not play poker everyday?

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have a particular day of the week that is better than other days, but I have my lucky days. Today is one of my lucky days and so far I won 19 dollars.

R

Reach2234

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have a particular day of the week that is better than other days, but I have my lucky days. Today is one of my lucky days and so far I won 19 dollars.
meet a girl, smoke some ganga

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
take the day that your girlfriend or wife tells you that she wants you all to herself

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best day for a "day off from poker" is the day you die!:D:D