Watching high rollers tournaments

Frankqc666

Frankqc666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you like watching high roller tournaments? this is a good way to take notes on how to play at the final table. and sometimes there is a lot of action like yesterday in this $ 315 tournament. Big bad beat :eek:

Screenshot 20210104 201410

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you like watching high roller tournaments? this is a good way to take notes on how to play at the final table. and sometimes there is a lot of action like yesterday in this $ 315 tournament. Big bad beat :eek:

View attachment 283879

I never watch such tournaments. I do not see any benefit in it for myself. If you think that watching the game, you will learn to play, then you are wrong. You can learn to play only when you play and learn personally, from your own experience.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know about all of them, but watching high roller tournaments does not help me much. This is basically a pointless exercise for me, especially if there are no player comments explaining all of their actions.
I think I need a good knowledge of theory and a lot of practice.

papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
No. I'm not looking. because the hunt too, but the bankroll does not allow!

Alekxandrovi3

Alekxandrovi3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch how they play on twich. The final tables are similar at all levels.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's interesting to see games when you can see hole cards, you can find videos with polk and Negreanu on YouTube.

If you can't see cards It's boring and not helpful.

The problem is many people watch edited tv shows that show hands out of context. They will show the BB put out a big re-raise with 37os but not the 50 hands before that where the villain raised the BB 5 continuous orbits in a row from the button.

Poker on tv spawned a whole generation of bad poker players.

Frankqc666

Frankqc666

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, thank you for your answers. Of course, the best way to improve is to play a lot, but high roller tournaments are mostly made up of better players. Even if you don't see their play in every hand, I think there are some situations to learn. When I watch a tournament like this I try to guess the cards of the players, who will win the hand and how. I find the dynamics of big tournaments interesting because there is a lot to be won and all players need to play their best poker.

Otherwise, streamers are also a good working tool. They give some tips and tricks about poker. Even if you don't necessarily agree with certain actions of the player who is streaming, it allows you to see several different player profiles and I believe that it can help on your own way of playing.

I also watch EPT tournaments and stuff in the background during my poker sessions. It does not allow me to play better because I am not attentive to what is happening but it creates an atmosphere that I like

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not alwaus very interesting to watch these kind of final tables because so much play happened before and we don't have all the info to explain the action

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, thank you for your answers. Of course, the best way to improve is to play a lot, but high roller tournaments are mostly made up of better players. Even if you don't see their play in every hand, I think there are some situations to learn. When I watch a tournament like this I try to guess the cards of the players, who will win the hand and how. I find the dynamics of big tournaments interesting because there is a lot to be won and all players need to play their best poker.

Otherwise, streamers are also a good working tool. They give some tips and tricks about poker. Even if you don't necessarily agree with certain actions of the player who is streaming, it allows you to see several different player profiles and I believe that it can help on your own way of playing.

I also watch EPT tournaments and stuff in the background during my poker sessions. It does not allow me to play better because I am not attentive to what is happening but it creates an atmosphere that I like

I have to aggree with you. If you are watching a tournament, in some way you are a part of it. It doesnt matter if you can see the cards or not, both of them have the benefits for you to pretend the upcoming actions, or the cards what they can have.
In my opinion, seeing bigger fields are motivational, and can improve your game when you 'll playing next. So if it is interesting enough for you, do it of course. :)

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like to watch high rollers, it inspires me to play further and feel more confident.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

View attachment 283879

I would watch them, as long as the site holding them, tells you up front whether or not there is a charge for doing so.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love watching final table tourneys. I think I learn a few things. It amazes me when players make hero calls with all that pressure on them.