Victim or Fool?

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess I am going to have to reconsider my playing strategies, as this kind of thing keeps happening, I realize as a starting hand Q9s isn't spectacular but given the table the opponents and my position I did think it was a decent starting hand and of course then Variance???:):):)
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/624VBhldV

HTML

HTML

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TM
Chips
I would do the same thing. many poker players do this.

where we won this tournament. how to find it

Last edited by a moderator:
terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you look at the flop? Would you feel better about it if villian had AK or KJ or any other pair of diamonds that beat you here,not to mention pockets pairs,,, :deal: and i vote,,,fool.

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a tough one. Getting two pair on the flop is good but also recognizing it was a wet board with a lot of playable hands that would be in the running to draw to a better hand. I see that blinds are small for many at the table, so you ultimately have to shoot your shot as time might not be on your side and hope you beat the draws at that point since there aren't too many hands that would beat you immediately after the flop.

2fingershuffle

2fingershuffle

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I am going to have to reconsider my playing strategies, as this kind of thing keeps happening, I realize as a starting hand Q9s isn't spectacular but given the table the opponents and my position I did think it was a decent starting hand and of course then Variance???:):):)
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/624VBhldV
Nothing wrong, don't change.

Bad beats are happening too often.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The preflop limp is pretty bad. You only had 11BB, and with such a short stack you should only enter the pot by pushing all in. Q9s is not strong enough to push from MP with a limper in front, so you should have folded, and this decision is not close or difficult. Postflop just is, what it is. The opponent flopped a flushdraw, tried to take it down with a semi-bluff, and when you jammed, he had priced himself in to call. Once again you are focusing on a bad board runout, but you dont focus on, what really matter, which is your decision to even be in this hand in the first place. Constantly making these preflop mistakes is, what is costing you in the long run, not the board runouts.

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you play so this way, what questions can there be?? I'm absolutely not surprised, that you lost.... Neatlys and attentiveness is not your'?)) In my opinion, several mistakes or inattention were made... When you enter the game with a medium hand, look at who is on the blinds and in front of them... You are playing limp and probably blinds in the game + maybe several players. A straight-flush-draw falls on the table, you get a big bet from TWO OPPONENTS and put all-in (WITHOUT OVERLAP) higher combinations...

The first thing you can and should think about is the opponent's straight-flush-draw. Can't you see this? I think right, if you enter the game with such a hand, you should be careful and not show aggression on the flop, if you get a big bet, a good decision on a flop, it's a fold.. You can't knock a player out of the flop (if he has a draw), if you put all-in, because the size of your stack does not allow it...

Belpster

Belpster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the pre flop play is probably where the problem started. With 10-11bb and in that situation maybe a better question would be push not push. I think with that mindset you may've played it a little differently

theANMATOR

theANMATOR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is what we call compounded mistakes.
If I mistakenly limped this hand by misclicking - and found myself in the same situation, I'd call the flop bet and fold the turn. But - 1 I don't limp 2 I don't play Q/9 s with only 11 bb and 3 as others stated - you have a push fold stack - so you should either push or fold. If you jammed Q/9 - that's pretty loose - but you'd definitely get 7/3 sooted to fold pre. :)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your chips are too precious to be limping q9 with 10bbs and I dont really think you should be over limping any hand with 10bbs. You dont hit enough hands to make up for how many times you miss.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry. But this is a typical fish game. You should either go all in preflop or fold with 11bb. There are no other options.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I dont think playing Q9s here was that bad but was loose. The problem I see is you only had about 11BB to start the hand. I would not say I think you should push all in preflop but calling along so short was more the issue. Nice but ugly flop and betting sequences there. I dont fold there either but we could already be in a lot of trouble when the 2nd guy call that 1/2 pot bet. Shocked he folded after the call.

garibe

garibe

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Q9s MP limps after a limp;

board comes wet... Hero has a pair and goes all in.

Pretty much sums it up?

Don't limp with 11BB. As many others stated, you are in a push/fold situation.

But it also depends on your view of the table, taking in consideration that the other players are also super loose.