Until how much do you rebuy?

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many tournaments have a system of rebuy.
But, when the players rebuy, it’s disadvantaged the stacks.
Until how much do you rebuy ?

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
re-entry mtts and re-buy mtts are a bit different.

for re-buys, i only buy-in during the add-on break and then take the add on option. this way, my total buy-in is low (initial buy + add-on). then the game plays like a freezeout with no other re-buys allowed.

for re-entry, i usually buy-in late enough to where i don't have to re-enter because we'll be pass the late registration. however, if we aren't, i have no problem re-enter as many times as needed if:
  • a) i feel like i have an edge/advantage over the remaining field
  • b) it's within my bankroll means. i'm more open to re-entering in small buy-in mtts than i am bigger buy-in because it's a lot easier on my bankroll.
looking at sharkscope, it looks like i'm willing to re-enter at least 3 times for majority of mtts, or 4 buy-ins total (including initial buy-in). however, majority of my re-entries are only the first one and total re-entries drop off significantly after the 2nd one. most likely due to late registration ending.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I don't use the price as a condition for the rebuy, I look at the stage of the tournament, always at the begining I rebuy, and when the BB is too high, I never rebuy.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
if I play tournaments that have this possibility, in the worst case I do just one rebuy

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never rebuy in online MTTs, kinda like chasing losses
For home games i do because what else am i going to do when all my friends are still playing.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depending on my bankroll management rules I usually take the baseball 3 strike rule.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hardly ever do a rebuy, because really you are already at a disadvantage, unless you are close to the prize pool.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I choose to play one rebuy tournament, I rebuy until I make add on.
I don't get the point leaving the tournament and not making the add on

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only buy back in satellites and only once unless it is a one dollar satellite, what has given me results is only playing tournaments that I have classified through satellites so I never do buy back and so my bankroll normally always remains very good and when I win it goes up quickly, that's my way that has worked for me:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you take a rebuy, then to the level of the average stack no less.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello

Rebuy tournaments are very aggressive, as many players don't bother to rebuy, and here the hesitant player becomes easy bait.
But for me, if the tournament is slow, which is my favourite, it's OK to rebuy in the first hour and a half, especially if you're financially prepared for it as the blind hasn't gone up much yet.
As for the turbo tournaments, it is better not to re-buy after the first half hour from the start of the tournament, because the blind is increased.
I always prefer to pay on satellites, as there is always an add-on period after the end of the rebuy period, and this helps me to continue and try to qualify.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually try not to make rebuys in tournaments. But there are tournaments where a rebuy is sometimes necessary, it all depends on the prize pool and the quality of the players' field.

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I just play because the aggressiveness from opponents because this factor, but no rebuy or add-on

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never have a bankroll
so a maximum of 2 rebuys

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I have only done a rebuy in one tournament and I did 3 rebuys and that was only because rebuy kept me in the middle of the pack.

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do occasionally rebuy especially in plo, can’t say it’s always beneficial but sometimes chasing losses lead to atm.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
One rebuy and one add-on. Something like that. But in general, I prefer tournaments without rebuys.

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it reallly depends on the buy in. If it's expensive, I don't. If it's within my bankroll and I can comfortably start again with 20 or 25 big blinds. If it's fewer big blinds, I usually wont bother.

ATL2000

ATL2000

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I bust, I will usually look to see if one double up of the starting stack will get me to the current average.

Of course if I get tilted then that strategy can sometimes get thrown right out of the window.

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello to all!
If they knock me out in the first 30 minutes, I re-enter, after half an hour I don't see the point, there are a lot of tournaments.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually try not to re-enter if I am not knocked out at the beginning of the tournament! I try to get into the prizes from the first login! I think that everyone can make as many entries as they like, he just needs to understand whether it will be beneficial for him or not! Good luck to everyone at the tables!

T

TonyTadzh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can rebuy in the start of have, but i never rebuy when BB is too big

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It will depend on the type of tournament, if it is a big tournament that I really like I can buy back 3 times, but if it is a normal tournament I can buy back only once, but you should always know that we should not go crazy in buying back a lot, they are specific cases, because you go bankrupt, you must manage your bankroll very well, it is the key to stay alive in tournaments.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to play rebuy tournaments. And if I play then I don’t do rebuys.

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would usually do add-on if I have decent stack and additional chips increase the stack by at least 20%. I get do additional reentry if I'm play well and the starting stack over 20bb for regular may and 25bb for hyper.