Twice in one tourney, A Little much

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Getting premium hands cracked is part of the game but twice in one tourney???

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How about twice in two back-to-back hands?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Variance is a bitch—keep grinding only thing that helps is volume—

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As it was the beginning of the tournament, as the tendency is as people clean muito and raise multiway pot, give to fazer 3x or 4x to scare off just these k8, meanwhile it is the face of the payer will not wait, so will play more for the back, or else, do not inflate as much the pot.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
You invested practically in both situations to a pair. Well this is a big disadvantage of playing these premioum hands, because you lost from a foul house and from a three of a kind. There you should be careful on size betting, because the opponent normally should have something better from just a pair to bet so much!

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Getting premium hands cracked is part of the game but twice in one tourney???

never mind it's just variance, in the first hand i would raise bigger preflop as min-raising gives good pot odds to opponents and the second hand is just a bad beat

psycodelic1

psycodelic1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I experinced same thing but maybe losing with AAKK AK QQ like i loss 13 times in the same session the variance bro youvshuld learn and never give it happens to any 1.

A

Arnakk2424

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4 handeds you are 60-65% favorite
Qq vs 99 u r 80% favorite
That mean your best hand will be beat much more then 2 times if you go deep.
Happen all the time
Consider yourself lucky to have AA and QQ in the same tournament I guess.

Last edited:
rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I don't understand your min-raise when there is already a limper in the pot. ABC poker tells us to do a 3bb if we are the first to open the pot and add 1bb per limper, here normally you should open x4bb instead of x2. Considering other factors, if this is a freeroll or a micro mtt you should put more money in the pot (around x7bb) to discourage players behind you to enter the pot.
QQ vs 99 is just variance, we can't win all time. GL

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all its not really "in the same tournament" when you bust early (with AA) and then reenter. Thats the same as playing two tournaments. And second you made mistakes in both hands. In the QQ hand you raised to 3BB with short stacks at the table. This is a spot, where you want to minraise or slightly above for reasons explained in this forum countless times before.

In the AA hand you did the exact opposite and raised to small. With deep stacks and a limper you need to go to 4,0 to 4,5BB, because otherwise you end up with to many multiway pots, which with a hand like AA significantly increase the risk of getting drawn out on. And then to make matters worse, after the flop you played it, like it was still the nuts and lost way more, than you had to.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am increasingly coming to the conclusion that it is better to make a very big bet with my hands, 5 bet and more, in order to knock out such hands as K 8, in the second hand with QQ on re-raise, I would go all in, there is no need to think here

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Why min-raise with AA? With a limper already, you should be making this 3.5x-4x.

If you're making these tiny raises to try to induce callers/action, then that is fine, but you need to accept that that is a much higher risk strategy that will cause you to get outdrawn more often. By making it so cheap, it becomes correct for BB to call, whereas at 3.5x-4x, it's probably a fold.

With the QQ hand, I think you played this well, it's just a suck out and well...it sucks.

Interesting you made a 3x raise here though, when with the shorter stacks, 2x or 2.1x would be optimal.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're making these tiny raises to try to induce callers/action, then that is fine, but you need to accept that that is a much higher risk strategy that will cause you to get outdrawn more often.
Which is especially a disaster, when you get married to aces and cant fold them postflop. It might even be profitable for people to call your minraise from any seat with total junk, because when they smash it with 2 pair+, they are usually going to win your entire stack. When AA is against 3 other hands, it typically only has something like 55-58% equity, so it should not come as a shock, that you got outdrawn.