Turbo tournaments

M

mitea2013

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you play in the turbo tournaments?
Slow or aggressive?:D

rickypr18

rickypr18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the stakes, the lower the stakes, the crazier people might play, and the tighter you might need to play. In higher stakes, you could perhaps play looser, since the people here are likelier to fold to bluffs than the people in the lower stakes. It also depends on your table mates patterns and other things.

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
In Turbos you Need to Play aggro. cos the blinds n Antes gets bigger n bigger. so you cant just sit back n wait for hands .. so ready to take risk and gll

S

Skidis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But even if its a turbo you cant play aggresive with crap hands.. I would play a larger range of hands, but not be stupid with bad cards, because its a turbo and players tend to be very aggresive you would be good paid of with good hands, and therefore you dont need to play bad hands at all.

R

ravpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In turbos u have to play more widely.
Try to double up and later u probably play push/fold but it depends on the blinds.
Don't try to bluff, a lot of players will call you

ammytyagi

ammytyagi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IN
Chips
In turbo tournaments I lowers my starting hand criteria. Play aggressively your strong hands , bluff only on those hands which have good no of outs.

D

donetola

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
agressive,bets raise realy fast

RCtheDabbler

RCtheDabbler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All depends on the players at your table, if theres a raiser every hand then you'd need to be tight as you would lose a lot of chips trying to see flops with average hands and you will need to wait for a good hand to take advantage of the other players aggressive play.

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to be aggressive and lucky.
There isn't usually enough time to play slow.

S

Scrover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Turbos are fast. Mainly push and fold poker so get aggressive and get lucky and you have for yourself a magical combination that will get you a win. If you look at let's say, the TCOOP final tables, there is not many big blinds in play. Just looking at some of the final tables for the series, most people are below 20BB and with blinds going up every five minutes, it will be much smaller later on.

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play a bit more agressive in turbo tounaments beacause my goal is: do not be very far from an average stack

zegaum

zegaum

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The turbos have to be a little more aggressive. I usually picked up slightly in the beginning, as many tend to go all-in easily. After knowing the table, can you push a little more and start some chips ..

horizon12

horizon12

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Waiting for a stage push/fold and begin light push when stack less 15BB.. I'm the best :cool:

Salvete777

Salvete777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course turbo tournaments need to play aggressive. Blinds increases fast and playing slow means fast elimination (5-8 level).

BadB420

BadB420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes absolutely you must play aggressive in turbo tournaments because your stack will go down very quickly as the blinds get getting bigger and bigger!

You will rarely be in a position to where you can just sit back and play, you almost always have to stay aggressive just to stay ahead of the blinds! You definitely wont be able to just sit and wait for premium hands like you can do in Deep stack mtt's, you gotta just find situations and put moves on players to try and get some more chips!

zarzar78

zarzar78

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play some profitable hands Suited connector etc... in the begin ( just call no raise ) and play hyper- agressive the Top 10 of the hands.

I will continue like this until my ratio BB/Chips is UP to 10%, then i will play less hands ( agressive or all in ) with Top 6-15% of the hands depending af my position :
- I f i'm under the Gun Top 6%
- If i m in middle position Top 10%
- If i'm in late position Top 15%

vnonline

vnonline

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, aggressive would be best in turbo tournament, I think so.
I don't like to play in turbo tours, it's difficult to new player like me.

G

guutox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always agressive, turbo or no :p

pessagno rules

T

T_slu4ay

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after 5-6 level its becoming just push-fold)

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i'll prey that i get dealt a premium hand that i can double up with early on, generally i'll play tight until i'm around 12bbs deep and then i'll go into push/fold mode.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost never play on turbo tournament ,unless it was a freeeroll.This type of tournament especially of those super or hyper turbo require more luck than skill.Maybe just wait for a monster hand and play aggressively.

S

serdemente

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
must be aggressive play strong hands and wait for them

D

DonkeyH3AD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course more agressive than normal tournament moving with
weaker range is normal since blinds are increase fast but it also
depends as always how opponents play :)

taban13

taban13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Typically, opponents often call preflop your Kings or Queens with an ACE and ACE are caught on the river.

Staneff

Staneff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think playing only with a good hand may result in having less chips than the BB is. Playing more hands trying to steal pot can result in a rly good position for you and helping you keep with the blind level. NEVER go too deep so you can always fold a hand w/o big loss.