Turbo Strategy (mt sng and mtt)

M

Mercury7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play well mt sng 45 turbo (blinds 5-6 minutes) and often hit the prizes, but rarely take first places.
Please give some advice based on your experience with turbo mt sng or mtt.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Learn the push-fold ranges especially on the final table with ICM implications. ICMizer is a brilliant tool for this purpose. You can even play a whole session of 45 man SnGs and then import all the hand histories to the program and let them sort them with your biggest push-fold mistakes at the top. That will quickly show you a picture of, what you most commonly do wrong.

The nice thing about this approach is, it also show folding mistakes, which we otherwise easily ignore, because we only lost a small pot. And actually being to tight could easily be the very reason why, you rarely win these events. If you are overly focused on leveling up one more place, you might by folding to much and slowly blinding away as a result.

franken222

franken222

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always worry about entering turbo events.

It seems to me that at any time, they can become "all-in" fests, and it's easy to get caught up in that.

I don't play them very often, but when I do, and I notice a lot of "all-ins", I'll just sit tight, and watch them play themselves out.

It might not get you many, or, any more wins, but it might get you further into the money.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

M

Mercury7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learn the push-fold ranges especially on the final table with ICM implications. ICMizer is a brilliant tool for this purpose. You can even play a whole session of 45 man SnGs and then import all the hand histories to the program and let them sort them with your biggest push-fold mistakes at the top. That will quickly show you a picture of, what you most commonly do wrong.

The nice thing about this approach is, it also show folding mistakes, which we otherwise easily ignore, because we only lost a small pot. And actually being to tight could easily be the very reason why, you rarely win these events. If you are overly focused on leveling up one more place, you might by folding to much and slowly blinding away as a result.

Yes, there is. I play well both turbo and normal. But I like turbo more, so I'm thinking of learning how to play them better. Or go back to the normal ones, let's see...

M

Mercury7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always worry about entering turbo events.

It seems to me that at any time, they can become "all-in" fests, and it's easy to get caught up in that.

I don't play them very often, but when I do, and I notice a lot of "all-ins", I'll just sit tight, and watch them play themselves out.

It might not get you many, or, any more wins, but it might get you further into the money.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

Thank you, good luck to you too!:)

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learn to pushfold: Playing postflop is very rare here, and after the first few hands pushfold will become common practice.

V

vladikov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the beginning of turbo tournaments I play a little more aggressively and with a wider range of hands. At the final table it is assumed that we have about 14-15 bb and this means that a suitable hand is waiting for all in and if you are lucky you win, if not next time​

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Like others have said, recognizing situations and understanding the value of your hand compared to others, your position, and chip stack sizes is crucial in faster-paced tournaments.