Turbo SnG 180man 0,50 late stages

K

kostkovi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, yesterday I was playing this SnG and when last 36 payers was remaining I was chipleader with 24000chips and on 2nd place was player with only 10000chips. They totaly crushed me then and I ended 11th. What strategy I should use next time?

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you're the cheap leader and can choose your hands better than your opponents. So, in those cases, I would simply pay close attention to my table. Take notes on the players to see who would call my big raises and who would fold.

Use fold equity and go for value on monster hands. That's a good way to keep at the top. You might not win and be called when trying to get the pot from that fishy bb but, in a long term basis, I've always kept alive when done that.

ps. Whatch out the tilt. When you're called or bad beaten on that situation the tilt tends to be stronger =P

And congrats for the ITM on it! =D 11th on a Turbo is not a bad result!

K

kostkovi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for reply, I will try to do your advise. You know, I have lot of experience to be short stack and how to act , but not too much on chiplead :) , but Iam working on myself to be better also in those situations. about the ITM, I was so close to FT and there prizes go up faster, nevermind, maybe next time!

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for reply, I will try to do your advise. You know, I have lot of experience to be short stack and how to act , but not too much on chiplead :) , but Iam working on myself to be better also in those situations. about the ITM, I was so close to FT and there prizes go up faster, nevermind, maybe next time!

I actually have the same feeling, but playing freerolls and the .25 90 players SNG, once in a while I get to that position (less often than I would like =P).

Let me know if you find another way to play those. The more we learn the better we get!

westside1950

westside1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As those SNG are very fast and shallow, being a chipleader at that stage still guarantees you nothing, you lose 2 allins and you are down at the bottom.

Damn, even being a huge chipleader at the final table still can't guarantee you anything...

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How did they crush exactly?

Were you playing too many hands too loosely?
Were you just getting coolered?

ribaric

ribaric

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, yesterday I was playing this SnG and when last 36 payers was remaining I was chipleader with 24000chips and on 2nd place was player with only 10000chips. They totaly crushed me then and I ended 11th. What strategy I should use next time?
You must let people know youre chipleader. On good hands you have to raise big and when youre in position steal the blinds. Play aggressivly, but dnt play on stupid hands, you have to watch other players if you see that many players goes all in just fold. FOCUS ON THE GAME!

K

kostkovi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was playing bit loose with my stack , but not too loose, and when I raised with good cards , they called with cards which does not make sense, but they luckily won. That happened 3 times, and at that stage I was middle stack.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
happens pretty frequently in these games, i wouldn't stress about it too much. just keep putting yourself in those chip leading spots. you really won't find any actual help here in this post since your question is too broad to be answered properly. We would have to know how you play, and where your leaks are and how to fix them to be any actual help. You will generally just get a bunch of bs answers which will likely hurt your game more than help it.

brno22

brno22

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bide his time and not play as aggressive, and being more passive during that time, to reach the final table ;)